NUD - Scott Wise Tenor

macfish

Reaction score
Scott was able to finish the instrument, bring it to Hawaii and ship it from there to save some costs. Suffice it to say I am thrilled with my new (and one and only) uke. Very light, nice thin neck, amazing sustain and intonation. Now I need to adjust some muscle memory and work like hell to become worthy. In another thread I explained we had visited Margaret River Western Australia a couple years ago, before I even thought of buying and trying a uke. But after playing for a few months I read about him on these forums and decided to go for it - a very nice instrument, simple in decoration, from a maker we probably drove past, and who puts the emphasis on sing not bling. Thanks UU!

Attachments

• WiseCU.jpg
    WiseCU.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 126
  • WiseFront.jpg
    WiseFront.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 118
  • WiseBack.jpg
    WiseBack.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 78
nice uke...I met Scott when he was here on Oahu.....
he is a very nice Aussie....:) spoke with him for awhile and met Sam too....

for me I like to know the builders that I have build my ukes..Scott for sure is good...maybe one day I will order from him....but for now I am happy with what I have now....

congrats on the Wise uke...

Congratulations! Looks like a Wise choice!
Love the rope binding, it looks like a perfect way to define the simple beauty.

Very nice uke to start on...congratulations.

Congratulations. Very nice looking ukulele. Any chance you would know the weight in grams. I used a scale for cooking on my ukuleles. I've followed Scott and wonder just how light his build is on a tenor? Just curious. Enjoy!

Congrats on your Scott Wise tenor. Scott 's builds are crazy light and sound terrific, especially in B or Bb tuning. I'm surprised we don't see more Wise ukes in the USA. But I guess he only makes so many each year.

Congratulations on a beautiful acquisition. Love the rope binding with that wood set. I live about a 2.5 hour drive from Scott's workshop near Margret River, crazy that I don't own one of his instruments by now.

Congrats on your Scott Wise tenor. Scott 's builds are crazy light and sound terrific, especially in B or Bb tuning. I'm surprised we don't see more Wise ukes in the USA. But I guess he only makes so many each year.

pretty sure he builds more than a few a year....Andrew is getting some in soon I hear....:)

Congrats! Maybe it's time I got myself one of these Wise ukes.

Very lovely figuring in that koa and love the rope binding! Congrats!!

image.jpg
Thanks all, not sure I have the resources to weigh it, but it is very light weight. You can tap the soundboard and wave it in the air and it "sings". Standard strings are Nylgut with a wound low G, but it's pretty squeaky. I'll leave them for awhile, then experiment with a Fremont soloist, GHS, etc. also have Living Water and Fremont and PHD non-wound sets in reserve. Any fellow/former Wise owners feel free to chime in on your favorite low G strings? Thanks!
A beach nearby, Scott's probably surfed it often.

If your Wise tenor sings as beautifully as mine you're a lucky uker.

Top Bottom