The moment you've been waiting for!

Cassie

Reaction score
Hi guys, it's finally here! Here's a short demo of my uke. Just to warn you, there is a bit of fan noise in the background but it's not really bad.

Cassie maybe its just on my end but it doesnt seem like there's a link/video/sound sample to check out.

Cassie maybe its just on my end but it doesnt seem like there's a link/video/sound sample to check out.

Yes, I dont see a link either. /sadface

You need to copy the link from your dropbox and then POST it into the message here on UU.

If you need help, let us know.

Congratulations on recording a sound sample! The only problem with Dropbox is that the recipient has to either download a file or place it in his own dropbox account to access it. If you use a site like soundcloud (soundcloud.com), you can set up an account there and have your own page. Then people can access sound files without having to download or save them. They can just listen on the website.

Fantastic!

Congratulations on a great sounding Uke!!!

Scooter

I really enjoyed that. There was real feeling to your "Aloha Oe" and your singing sounded good -- a little tentative, but somehow it worked that way, I think, because of the feeling in and the nice quality of your voice.

Thanks guys. I really enjoy playing. I try not to make many mistakes when recording. I heard that soundcloud gives you a lot of spam mail that you can't opt out of.

Cassie, I sent you a private message that I cleaned up your demo and increased the volume, also a way to post it here on UU directly.

Here's another one. This is a kids song called John Brown's baby. It has actions that take place of some of the words. The actions are as follows:
Baby, Make a cradle in your arms and rock the baby.
Cold, Put your hand to your mouth like you're going to cough. You can even give a pretend cough.
Chest, Tap your chest.
Rubbed, Rub your chest.
Camphorated oil, hold your nose.
I forgot to leave out rubbed and Camphorated oil in this version. Just as before, you'll have to click on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3l2atk69ovvrs2/John%20brown%27s%20baby%20ukulele%20style.mp3?dl=0

Thanks for sharing, Cassie! COngratulations once again!
Addicted is a strong word and not a positive one. :) How 'bout smitten? Pleased? Either way, you are having fun and that's what matters.
I remember you asked about ukulele names. Did you name yours? Some do, some don't.

Thanks for sharing, Cassie! COngratulations once again!
Addicted is a strong word and not a positive one. :) How 'bout smitten? Pleased? Either way, you are having fun and that's what matters.
I remember you asked about ukulele names. Did you name yours? Some do, some don't.

Yep. Her name is Kalea because she's a Kala. The way I see it, there are good and bad addictions. Drugs, smoking and drinking are bad addictions. Uke playing is a good addiction.

Top Bottom