Anyone know anything about the Pono PCO?

trsarah

Reaction score
Newbie. Bought this concert-sized used from a guy here also bought it used on the forum. Can't find much info about it from the internet. It has a Ko'olau sticker on it and is solid mohagony. It came with Aquila strings that my seller put on several months ago.

Seems to have a really mellow sound. Would Southcoast or Oasis strings give it a brighter sound?

Anyone know what ukes it is comparable to?

Thanks so much!
-Sarah

PCO doesn't ring any bells. The Pono system of naming models appears very logical. My Pono concert (acacia) is marked AC. A mahogany would presumably be an MC if it were deluxe it would be an MCD. In the more upmarket models an S in the designation means slothead, C indicates cutaway. Of course things may not have always been this way.

A photo may help?

pono pco.jpgpono pco2.jpg

Hope this worked. Yeah, it clearly says "PCO" but I agree there doesn't seem to be much info about them. Would love any tidbits people have!

Yeah, I have searched repeatedly and looked at all the threads. So I actually just called Ko'olau and one of the guys said it is comparable to the M series, which retails for about 550/600. He said aquila strings are going to make it sound dead, and that he wouldn't recommend them. Thanks, everyone!

Top Bottom