mvc-300s.jpg

I can't stop! HELP!!

but, it was only $9!:)

I won this plastic uke on the eb today:
mvc-300s.jpg

I can't stop! HELP!!

but, it was only $9!:)

i love the color!!!

i think i need help also.. because i am now "watching" a TV PAL ukulele on ebay that comes with the box.. 26 dollars.. i have my manini here at school with me today!!

on another note.. and maybe a creepy note.. i was in a 2 hour meeting yesterday.. and i was doodling like i am sure we all do.. when i looked down.. i thought.. hummmm i must have UKISOCIETY on the brain.. it was not on purpose.. but after i did the little doodle.. i was like that looks like ALAN..

now all i need is your address in a PM and i will frame it and send it to you should you like it that much!!!

ahhhh back to work..

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 36
how old is that thing???

First step is admitting you have a problem. Me thinks you need to attend a UAS meeting, and quick!

First step is admitting you have a problem. Me thinks you need to attend a UAS meeting, and quick!

UAS meetings always turn out to be a gathering of enablers...

do those plastic ukes sound good, and what kind of strings can u use?

do those plastic ukes sound good, and what kind of strings can u use?

The best sounding are the standard sized ones-Islander, TV Pal, Flamingo, Mauna Loa, etc. But you can still get pretty good sound out of the smaller Carnival and TV Pal Ukette Ukuleles. Check out GUGUG's videos on YT. Here's one of my Carnival sub-compacts. :D

Depends; most have plastic pegs. I've broken a TV Pal C string peg when I put on Kala wound Reds. The other pegs were fine with the reds. But I've put Bushman, D'Addario and Ko'olau Gold on them and they've been okay. The plastic necks are strong enough for any strings, I think - the pegs are the weak part. But Islander, Flamingo and maybe some other plastics have metal (aluminum?) pegs and they're very strong.

Never put steel wound nylon on a uke with a plastic fret board. You'll eventually wear down the frets.

That's a good deal and a relief from all the "sterotype" plastic ukes out there. That green is vicious!

I went into a store here the other day, a Baritone Islander is up for sale for the equivalent of $700! What a steal you have here... 9 dollars. I couldn't imagine what to do if the neck of that 50-year old plastic Baritone suddenly pops off...

Top Bottom