Thank you Kevin and John from Kinnardukes!

JasonTLC

Reaction score
This post is way overdue as I couldn't get to put my kinnard ukulele down! This post is to show my appreciation to John and Kevin from Kinnardukes over the past few months. Pardon my poor command of English....

To keep the story short... There was an issue with a pre-loved kinnard tenor that I purchased earlier this year. The previous owner has been less of a gentleman and not forthcoming about the ukulele which was discovered to be suffering from heat related issues with the bridge and neck.

When contacted, Kevin and John was nice enough to offer repairs provided I covers the shipping fees. That was when all the craziness occurred... The ukulele was mishandled and damaged during shipment.

Kevin was most patient and went out of his way in helping out with the insurance claims with many back peddling and confusions among the insurance and postal services... The insurance claims was only completed more than two month after submission of claims. Thank you Kevin for going all out, being helpful whereby you could have reject the repairs.

John did a prefect job in restoring and repairing the uke. In fact... it looks even better than before! It sounds awesome with a set of low G, and looks brand new and awesome (as usual!) I usually shun low G tuning as I can't seems to find a lot of tabs for it, but these few days I am really starting to like it more..

Many thanks to John and Kevin!!!

Best wishes,
Jason

Last edited:
Very lovely acquisition!

And +1 for Kevin's customer service :)

Would love to try a Kinnard super tenor. Good story about greT customer service above and beyond.

Awesome that it all worked out in the end. Big fan of Kevin and John here and of the Kinnard product, as well!

Kevin is great - had a terrific visit with him in San Diego that started when he heard I had bought a used Kinnard. He even took me (and the uke) to meet John.

And, hilariously, it turned out that I owned a Collings tenor that used to be his!

Oh, and I really love my Kinnard - thanks to Kevin, John and Andrew K., who tempted me into buying it!

The ukulele was mishandled and damaged during shipment.

Jason, i saw that girl at John's shop before he started working on her. WOW, those couriers did a real job on her, great to hear she is back and playing again.

So nice to hear these kind of stories. Kudos to Kinnard Ukes!

So did the insurance go to cover the cost of repairs or were those included in the price of shipping ?

Kevin is great - had a terrific visit with him in San Diego that started when he heard I had bought a used Kinnard. He even took me (and the uke) to meet John.

And, hilariously, it turned out that I owned a Collings tenor that used to be his!

Oh, and I really love my Kinnard - thanks to Kevin, John and Andrew K., who tempted me into buying it!

I was there.

Tempting was all on you!! :biglaugh:

I have never met John, but I can attest that Kevin is one of the best in the biz.

I met Kevin a few years ago, first in cyberspace when Kinnard Ukes was designing its first baritone ukulele, which turned out beautifully, and in person when he brought the baritone uke to a San Francisco event to make its debut. Kevin's a great guy and passionate about ukuleles (and guitars). Hwe was instrumental (pun intended) in my ordering and selecting the appointments for a custom Kinnard tenor guitar (a beautiful instrument) and he made the whole process fun. While the OP's customer service story is unusual, it's not unexpected. I do hope to meet John someday.

Um... I may have also said something. It is a beautiful uke!

So did the insurance go to cover the cost of repairs or were those included in the price of shipping ?

The insurance did covered the repairs for the damages incurred during shipping..... Postal insurance claims is something new to me and I am really grateful that Kevin was more than supportive and goes the extra mile in helping out to recover the claims. I would have imagine many others would just demand a repair fees first and for me to settle my insurance myself.

Thumbs up to a great guy. I wish I could shake his hands in person!

Jason, i saw that girl at John's shop before he started working on her. WOW, those couriers did a real job on her, great to hear she is back and playing again.

yeah... all bashed and cracked on the soundboard..... :(

What a great thread, so nice to hear something positive about a uke experience for a change. Kinnard definitely goes on my list as a possible builder for my dream uke.....
I'm glad it all worked out well!

Top Bottom