One Year Ago Today

vcs700s

Reaction score
October 16, 2014 is an important day to me. It was the day I purchased my first ukulele.

In the last year many ukes have come and gone but one thing remains- the joy of playing the ukulele.

The uke community is really special, especially this forum! I have learned a lot here and met some very nice people.

As I continue on my musical journey, I hope to post a video of me playing. Hopefully soon, once I get up the courage. :)

Thanks again for letting me be part of this forum. It is a blessing.

It's been 4 years for me this month, don't remember the exact date. I agree with you about this forum, it's been enjoyable to learn about ukes, UAS, SCS...this forum feeds both of those syndromes. I've owned something like 15-16 ukes in that time and have 6 right now. I just enjoy them and pass them on...but a few are keepers, at least that's my mindset right now! ;-D :shaka:

Congrats! I have found, at least for me, that the ukulele has been that one instrument that has just continued to bring me joy.

I bought my first one while looking at guitars on ebay. Our son just happened to have Over the Rainbow playing and I decided to check out the chords and when I saw they were the same shape I figured why not. Found MGM (RIP) and clicked buy it now.

That was 8 years ago and while I play one of my ukuleles almost every day, there have been stretches where I haven't picked one up in a couple of months. But they still sit in the corner and it doesn't take any time at all before the magic returns. And it doesn't really matter if I am working through some tough finger picking or just noodling.

John

I got interviewed by Columbia radio introducing the ukulele to south America. This instrument is so universal and it brings joy and happiness wherever it is played. They also called my Miiistah Pete which is better than 'sir' which I always suspected was spelt cur!

Congratulations! The honeymoon phase still hasn't ended for me and I hope it continues to be a wonderful experience for you!!!

Congratulations! My uke-aversary is also in mid-October (I think the 11th, but I can't remember), and I bought my first one (a Kala solid mahogany concert that I still own) in 2009. I remember thinking after my first year how far I'd come (going from zero to any mph is a huge accomplishment) but I think the same thing every year, and now I can hardly remember not knowing how to play. I hope your music journey continues to be as rewarding as mine has been.

Oct 16th is also a special date for me....22 years ago today I married a gal that puts up with my ukulele obsessions!;)

Vic, thanks for sharing so we can be happy with you! :D I've been playing uke for ages it seems (12 years at least but not always consistently), and I still discover new things and have fun. I hope your journey continues to be an enjoyable one!

Happy Day to YOU!

Happy Day to YOU!

Ditto! to ALL the above!!!

My uke-versary and coming on to UU was April 21, 2013 when I made an account and said hello here. Going back and reading it now, I feel that I was so green, and have come a long way with both the ukulele and with my music, and I'll not speak of UAS or SCO.

UU has always been a place to celebrate the ukulele, and even 'life' sometimes, which is one of the main attractions here for me.

On other forums they call your anniversary, or your join-date, your 'cake day', so I think you should at least get yourself a cupcake or something and blow out a candle, and realize that yes, you can have your cake and eat it too, the ukulele is just THAT good! mmm mmm good!!! :music:

Thanks for sharing your Cake Day with us! :)

Happy Ukuversary! My Ukuversary is December 13, 2011, the day when I purchased my Fender Nohea as an early Christmas present to myself. That was the snowball that went over the mountain peak that began the avalanche of Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome that has encompassed all my ukulele endeavors ever since. Discovering so many great playing and sounding ukuleles from an array of manufacturers and the pursuit to improve as a ukulele player everyday is great thing be inflicted with!

Thanks everyone.

I am excited about the next 12 months and what they may hold for my Uke and me!

Happy Anniversary! I just passed 5 years of ukeing, even though you'd never know it by my lack of skiills!

Top Bottom