anyone have a kala ka-te tenor? stings?

solekaukini

Reaction score
i have a kala ka-te tenor mohangany... and i was wondering what kind of strings sound best... im not the kinda of person to go buy a billion sets of strings... mine came with some aquilas that sounded great but when my g-string broke (ha g-string) i was given a set of d'addario concert strings... i used the C string to replace the E string... the E string to replace the A string n used my old A for the G string... and so its sounding kinna like a cheap 20 uke u buy at the fairground in orange county.... my uke been put to good use and it about time i go fo some new strings.. help me please
~mahalos

i have a kala ka-te tenor mohangany... and i was wondering what kind of strings sound best... im not the kinda of person to go buy a billion sets of strings... mine came with some aquilas that sounded great but when my g-string broke (ha g-string) i was given a set of d'addario concert strings... i used the C string to replace the E string... the E string to replace the A string n used my old A for the G string... and so its sounding kinna like a cheap 20 uke u buy at the fairground in orange county.... my uke been put to good use and it about time i go fo some new strings.. help me please
~mahalos

Go with Aquila's again.

I have them on my Kala KA-T and love em.

thanks braddah... hey do u kno if musicguymic comes with the regular aquilas or the nylgut kine?

~mahalos

I like the Aquila nylguts for that one. About $7.00 to replace. I do have some Kala Reds with a low G and wound C for sale for $7.95 with shipping if you want to try.:shaka:

Actually, its a good time for you to try other brands.

Your g-string....hah!....was it a low g? I'm guessing that it was cause you used a high g which would make me think that's why you said what you said.

You should try Worths. I just changed may custom 6-string uke string from Aquillas to Worth clears. I like them better on this uke, but on my 4-string pono and my 8-string Kala, I have Aquillas that I like on them.

As far as the D'addario's, buy a Low G string and just change that. Aldrine swears by D'adarios's.

I use a mix of strings on my Kala KA-TE which actually sounds better to me than just one brand. For the C, E and A strings I use Aquilas (not nylgut), and for the low G string I use a wound D'Addario Pro Arte Classical Guitar D string which sounds absolutely amazing! Works for me.

Top Bottom