Low G brand suggestion match?

Irish Uke Tom

Reaction score
I know I really shouldn't make a another thread about strings but here goes.

After all my string experimentation, I really like d'addario titanium t2s. I 've tried so many now and I'm definitely settled again after a very stressful search haha. Anyway, I really want to try low g and I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on which low g brand/strings would match up best to the t2s?

Hope this isn't a daft question. Once again. Thanks for all your help/ comments :cool:

The koolau alohi set, is pretty much the same as the titanium's, except it's got a wound low G.

Don't know if this helps, but D'Addario also sells fluorocarbon strings ("Carbons") with an unwound low G. I got a pack from a D'Addario rep at the recent International Bluegrass Music Association festival, but haven't used them yet.

Fremont Soloist squeekless wound low G is the most popular wound low G on this site. They are sold as a single string for about $4.00 a piece. I have paired that with a lot of different brands of strings and it works great.

Agree a 100% with DUD. They are a great wound low G string.
Fremont Soloist squeekless wound low G is the most popular wound low G on this site. They are sold as a single string for about $4.00 a piece. I have paired that with a lot of different brands of strings and it works great.

Apropos of nothing at all, the best match for Low G I've tried is Worth browns with an Aquila red Low G. Tried that matching on several ukes and they've all sounded super. Cheers. Good luck with your new union brus.

Top Bottom