THE MOUNTAIN GOATS thread

mountain goat

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Gonna set aside this thread to do some covers of the best band of the 2000s, the Mountain goats

I'll start with a song from their most recent rekkid, Beat the Champ. "Heel Turn 2".

And please, anyone who has done or wants to do a Mountain Goats cover, would totally love it if you added it here.

Cheers y'all.

Not only are the mountain goats an incredible, John Darnielle's music lends itself so well to the ukulele. Love your version of heel turn 2. One of my favorite of your vids.

Here's one I did awhile back.

This is going to be an awesome thread...! Jon, are you taking requests :) Years ago you played Sept 15 1983...one of my all time favorites. I'd love to hear it again.

Not only are the mountain goats an incredible, John Darnielle's music lends itself so well to the ukulele. Love your version of heel turn 2. One of my favorite of your vids.
Here's one I did awhile back.
Here's one....
And here's another one...
Love those Goats.
Oh, these are superb fellas. Thanks for joining in the thread. More! More!!!
This is going to be an awesome thread...! Jon, are you taking requests :) Years ago you played Sept 15 1983...one of my all time favorites. I'd love to hear it again.
Such a brilliant song Dave. Request noted mate, i'll have another crack at it.

I'd never heard of the Mountain Goats till now, but.....
where's the Like button?

It's on my list to get their latest CD about wrestling, but I have not heard any of their stuff. Any suggestions for a cover for me?

Nice thread, Jon. "Best band of the 2000's"? I must admit that I listened to a lot of Mountain Goats in the nineties, but lost sight after 2000. My Mountain Goats time was Sweden and Full Force Galesburg. Time for a little catch up!

Nice thread, Jon. "Best band of the 2000's"? I must admit that I listened to a lot of Mountain Goats in the nineties, but lost sight after 2000. My Mountain Goats time was Sweden and Full Force Galesburg. Time for a little catch up!
Apologies mate. Best band of the 90's, 2000's and 2010's. There, fixed it.

Yep, you've missed some amazing stuff if you stopped there brother, including rekkid of 2015 with Beat The Champ.

Took a quick shot at "You Were Cool" just now. This one hasn't been released on a rekkid yet but they pull it out live sometimes. Awesome song. Definitely one of my favourites. For anyone who has ever been bullied this is for you. x

It's on my list to get their latest CD about wrestling, but I have not heard any of their stuff. Any suggestions for a cover for me?

So many Rick...like choosing your favourite child. One that comes immediately to mind is "Love, Love, Love"? Maybe check that out brother. Can't wait to hear you put up a song for us mate.

So many Rick...like choosing your favourite child. One that comes immediately to mind is "Love, Love, Love"? Maybe check that out brother. Can't wait to hear you put up a song for us mate.

Oh, jeezo-peezo, Jon - what truly incredible song. It may take me a few days to get through it without breaking down, but I am gonna do it. Thank you so much.

Top Bottom