UK source for dremel size downcut spiral bits?

mikeyb2

Reaction score
I have checked out a few places online, but without much luck. The only 3mm(dremel size) shank bits I've seen are 60mm long which is too long. Any ideas?

Cut down the shank to desired length?... Surely SMD ships to the UK? Yes, but at what cost?
Had they been steel, I might have cut them, but not sure about carbide. And yes I could get one shipped at unfriendly cost, so that's why I'm looking for somewhere here, there must be somewhere, what does everyone else do?

I get mine from small wonder music - the inlay place, which also has binding tape I like

I get mine from small wonder music - the inlay place, which also has binding tape I like
I've looked there but saw no downcut spiral bits. However, I have since found one at routercutters.co.uk, and ordered one. Fingers crossed. Thanks.

The ones shown on the smallwonder site don't look like I expect them to look, even though they list them as spiral downcut, so that would put me off. They don't do 3mm cut anyway, which is what I'm after. Do a search for downcut spiral router bits and they all seem to look like the ones here : http://www.woodcraft.com/articles/445/spiral-router-bits-vs-straight-router-bits.aspx
Apologies if I'm wrong, and I'd be interested to know how the smallwonder bits perform.

sorry didn't notice they don't do 3mm bits.
I like them a lot for rosette channels - but use the smaller bits to excavate after cutting nice clean outer and inner lines
maybe Wealden tools might be worth a look - I get my rebate cutters and down spiral bits for saddle slots there

sorry didn't notice they don't do 3mm bits.
I like them a lot for rosette channels - but use the smaller bits to excavate after cutting nice clean outer and inner lines
maybe Wealden tools might be worth a look - I get my rebate cutters and down spiral bits for saddle slots there
Wealdens was the first place I looked, but theirs is 64mm long, too long for the dremel. Thanks all the same.

The Smallwonder downcut spiral bits work very well for me. I use the 1 mm for fine inlay work and the 1.6 mm & 2 mm bits for cutting out rosettes & channels. They all cut more cleanly than the various Dremel engraving cutters & metal cutting slot drills I have used previously.

Top Bottom