Is this a good Name for a Uke ?

It's a good name for a uke.

It's a fantastic name for solid human waste.

KaKa is as KaKa does

That uke name has been brought up here a number of times. As kids we always said, "kaka-doodoo" and sometimes I still say it.

Not the first time Kamoa has been mentioned in the same breath as Kaka.

A friend of mine actually owns a Ka Ka pineapple uke. We call it a Kaw Kaw. I kidded her about it till she told me to go to hell.

So I had a look at the website and it says "May not ship to New Zealand". Strangely that doesn't bother me. :)

Did you tell her she's full of kaka?

Nah, we were laughing. She's actually a very good musician. Great singer too. Her coworkers gave her the Kaka on her last day on the job. I'm pretty sure it was a gag gift.

Ok, so I think I am the only person who had ever owned a KaKa brand ukulele here. This brand mainly sell solid top concert and tenor ukes and they are either solid spruce or mahagony.
They are VERY POPULAR in mainland China due to their rather low price and perphaps their cheating on the Chinese version of Ebay called Taobao (can't be sure though). Cheating on Taobao is easy, you can easily buy good comments and selling records on it.

They really don't sound so bad, but certainly not up to par with the real deal Kala, but in all seriosness they sound okay. Anyway their marketing strategy is a success and those cheap Chinese ukes are what got me started my uke journey.
I play KoAloha ukes now and gave away all my KaKa to my friends and relatives. I used to own two KaKa ukes. Tried briefly but never bought a real Kala though. Hope this info helps.

Top Bottom