FS: Black Bear Koa Soprano - UK Sale

YorkSteve

Still strummin'
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD - This is a very nice Black Bear koa soprano, number 368, made in May 2010. All Koa body, with (I think) mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard & bridge, all in excellent condition - just a few tiny marks, and a slightly polished look on the upper bout from strumming.

It has been modified with GOTOH UPT geared tuners, and a strap button. Currently strung with Living Water strings, which make it ring nicely.

It is pretty loud for its size, and has a lovely warm tone.

It comes with a superb hard case, with a padded plush green lining.

Selling because I have too many sopranos for someone who prefers concerts...

A brief demo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f7Ole_cUiI&feature=youtu.be

bb1.jpgbb2.jpgbb3.jpgbb4.jpgbb5.jpg

Last edited:
A couple more photos, including the name & date one

bb6.jpgbb7.jpg

Steve,

Is the Black Bear still for sale? If so, how much would it be in US dollars. Also, what would be the cost of shipping yo Zip code 98012 in Washington state

Thank you,

Ginger

Yes, still for sale. Google tells me that the cost is about $540. Postage to the USA would be about $80. (But this sale is really aimed at UK/Europe buyers - a rare chance to buy a Black Bear, with great tuners, plus a case, and save on postage & import taxes)

Last edited:
Nice sounding Uke! Some great looking soprano's up for sale lately. Best of luck with it!

Bump, with a price reduction.

Ideal Christmas gift for the one you love, etc etc...:D

Bump. Hoping that someone will make a New Year's resolution to own a Black Bear.

Well, no takers for the New Year's resolution, so I will bump it again for Valentine's Day.:love:

(Matt - sorry, didn't spot your Kiwaya offer, but if I do sell this one I already know where the proceeds are going...)

Top Bottom