Just got a Kamaka! Pics inside!

scooterguitar

Reaction score
So I found this somewhat locally, had to go get it! What a cool little uke. White label, warm tones. Two stress cracks, action is really low! The guy bought it new in 1970.

While I like it and want a Kamaka, being a guitar guy my whole life, it just isn't for me, simply too small:mad: I thought I could dig a soprano, but...

So what to do with a Kamaka Pineapple?
DSCN1705.jpg

DSCN1700.jpg

DSCN1701.jpg

I guess I mean...DANG IT! This was to be my mojo uke! Imagine I'll be posting it for trade/sale.
HAve to brag I finally got a Kamaka, dont I!

Shoots, I'd take it off your hands to replace my deceased Dad's stolen Kamaka Pineapple. How much you asking? :D

Signed, Pineapple Addict

Well Ahnko, I'd better sleep on it and start a thread over in the proper spot:>)
I'll take some pics of the two cracks, one ding, and bowing face! Heck, even has the original strings:>)

Well Ahnko, I'd better sleep on it and start a thread over in the proper spot:>)
I'll take some pics of the two cracks, one ding, and bowing face! Heck, even has the original strings:>)

I must say that I played my friend Dave's white label Kamaka soprano just before he moved to the big island and it made me a lover of Kamaka. My previous experience with kamaka was negative and I felt like they were over priced. But after playing his I want a white label kamaka for my wife. She loved it too.

So I found this somewhat locally, had to go get it! What a cool little uke. White label, warm tones. Two stress cracks, action is really low! The guy bought it new in 1970.

While I like it and want a Kamaka, being a guitar guy my whole life, it just isn't for me, simply too small:mad: I thought I could dig a soprano, but...

So what to do with a Kamaka Pineapple?

You should try out a Kamaka tenor, it'd serve you pretty well if you're worried about size!

I am planning on one, hopefully!
I'll post this one in the FS forum later tonight.

Not to disappoint those already salivating at the chance to snag this when you post it for sale, but don't give up too quickly on soprano because it's "too small".

It's simply a matter of practice. It can certainly be a bit frustrating at first (especially coming from many many years as a guitar player) but it can be done and is in many ways a soprano can be more rewarding to play in the things you can do with it in terms of notes you can reach. I had a hell of a time with it for probably close to a month with my first, but now it's not an issue in the least.

You'll adjust with time and practice. You've got a nice uke. Give it some time to show you what it can do before you dump it.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
But, after much consideration, I'm going to sell it (posting it soon). I'd rather sell it and another to fund a killer tenor that would get much more playing time.

Top Bottom