NUD: Kala "Sweet Pea" 10th Anniversary has arrived from Hawaii...

ukuleleden

Reaction score
The Kala KA-ASAC-T-TENTH model I purchased from Hawaii Music Supply a.k.a. The Ukulele Site has arrived. Stunning in fit and finish, sound and appearance

Here is the unboxing photos link. I follow-up with a full review later in the reviews section...

https://goo.gl/photos/2JxwK8m6nh89MGZQ7

You will love this little gem! Andrew and Co. at HMS set one up for me several months ago and it has quickly become one of my faves. With the Padauk binding, fretmarkers, and woodgrain, it is visually stunning. Plays like a dream and the warm sound projects well. Lots of bang for the buck with this one.
Enjoy!

Agree with you, Bass. The intonation and action were absolutely perfect out of the box. I had the same experience with Mim's Ukes as I have now with HMS. I join you in highly recommending them for a well represented, great set up, and well packaged ukulele. The account tracking of the processing of the order online through their account system was also terrific.

Very nice. Look forward to your review!

Nice one~

Does anyone compare it with Asac-t the slottedhead one in sound quality ;)

I'll be adding one more Kala to the upcoming review comparison: The Kala SRMT-Tri-Back I had on order with my local dealer came in last night.

I have been buying instruments for myself and children at this music shop for many years and my regular salesman offered me an extra incentive since the order took a little longer to arrive. He offered a pair of Kala UC-T Polyfoam cases at cost (the second case is for my Kala ASAC-T), and he also offered me a Kala Tweed Amp at their cost as well. The polyfoam cases are very nice and can be carried by the handle or used backpack style with the included straps. I did have to place a polishing cloth at the bottom of the case below the lower bout to keep the uke from sliding as there was a bit of a gap leftover with the uke in the case.

The Kala amp is in the same design vein as the portable DC and Battery powered Cube Amps. Basic Volume/Tone with an Aux In for iPod backing tracks, and a headphone jack. Of course this isn't much more than a little practice amp or possibly for use in a very small group.

https://goo.gl/photos/Kv6t4UcRYh2tdYcy5

Congratulations X2! I love the looks of the amp. And I really like those tuner buttons, are they standard equipment?

Congratulations X2! I love the looks of the amp. And I really like those tuner buttons, are they standard equipment?

Thanks, yes tweed always seems to look good. Yes everything is bone stock design, no changes.

Congratulations, I got a Sweet Pea a couple of months ago. I use it as my high G tenor. Really love the sound.

Top Bottom