My 500th Post

rappsy

Reaction score
As I upload my 500th post, a little retrospective is in order.

As one of the few Ukulele enthusiasts that did not come from another instrument, it took quite a while to get the lingo and learn about the instrument, not only how to play, but the ins and outs of what I was looking for, even though I had no idea what I was looking for.

While I found many answers along the way, I also found many people that would become my friends and mentors. This goes beyond the Uke World. Some of these people I have genuine affection for and many others have made this road a wonderful trip.

I am sure I am going to forget someone, but people like Dave (downupdave), Simon (sam13), Mark (deschutestrout), Hodge (doc_j), Campbell (camsuke), Matt (Mattyukaholic), David (saltryi) and many more, have made the journey unforgettable and I want to thank them personally.

I am happy and thrilled to be a part of a community so giving and generous.

Thanks to all.

Lenny...

Happy 500!

no. don't look at my post count.

Lenny, your enthusiasm for the community and love of the instrument is shared. Thanks for all your contributions thus far.

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!! You don't look like 500, not even close. Who would have thought we would be playing ukulele and chatting online about our magnificent obsession. You have become a good friend, glad I found you and the uke. Congratulations, happy hallowen and I know we will meet up in person one day. Simon and I will have to come down to Florida during the winter and have some strumming fun in the sun.

Happy 500th post Lenny!

This wonderful, joyful obsession has led me to this fabulous forum and given me great friends like you, Dave and many others.

You are a thoughtful, caring person and I am grateful to count you as a friend.

Dave and I will indeed do a road trip to your neck of Florida. Kids and spouses in tow of course. Lol

wOOT! Great to have become friends Lenny! We've had many fun emails back and forth for sure. Keep 'em coming! It's fun sharing UAS with you and both dialing into what ukes we want to keep. Carry on! Mark

My 500th came around recently and it did make me pause, like you Lenny, to reflect on how much fuller my life has become since picking up the Ukulele and being a part of the "great obsession". You, my friend, have contributed to that better life I find myself enjoying so much. Thank you Lenny and thanks to all the others on UU who have provided advice and worthy opinions to my journey.

Thanks for all the nice words and well wishes. I'm humbled...

Back to Halloween...

Congratulations!!!

UU is a wonderful place with amazing people.

Glad you stayed :)

Happy 500th! UU is, indeed, a wonderful place. I, for one, have found a second home here....

Congrats on making it to 500! I enjoy your posts, and consider a lot of UUers my friends, some I've met, some I haven't yet.

Top Bottom