Coco is on her way

steel rider

Reaction score
Ordered a Cocobolo Tenor from Kevin. Got the Peghead tuners and K&K pickup added. Don't know why I asked for flourocarbon since I will change the strings a couple of times anyhow. :) I really like how they have taken feedback from customers to improve the product over the last year or so.

Can't wait to get her and try that radius fretboard. She sure looks pretty. Waiting the 2-3 weeks is going to be a pain but a lovely one.

I will be looking for a decent but relatively inexpensive preamp I can keep in the case. Your recommendations or for sale/trade offers are welcome.

IMG_5491.jpgIMG_5492.jpgIMG_5493.jpgIMG_5494.jpg

Love the variety in the Cocobolo. I didn't know they had started adding pickups as an option. Good to know.

K&K has a miniature preamp called a Pre Phase preamp. I thought all K&K's were active but looks like they have passive also. Will look them up as I'm looking for a passive pickup for my baritone.

Congrats on the new uke, it looks outstanding!

Their necks are awesome. One of the best feeling necks I have come across. A cross between my Vintage Martin Tenor and my Tenor Kamaka. Perfect in my world.

Viva Coco! What a nice looking uke!!!

Petey

Great looking ukulele. I would love to hear a sound sample if you ever have time. Looking forward and hoping for a review when you had time to play it some congrats

Wow, congratulations, it's gorgeous! I'm waiting to try one out!

Beautiful uke. I have a Coco concert and love it so much I ordered a tenor. Kevin is doing a terrific job with customer support and building solid wood, gorgeous looking and sounding ukes.

She showed up today unannounced. Meaning the tracking number didn't work but she came as a nice surprise.
Kevin did a great job. Even included the pickup packaging, a set of Nicaraugua maracas and a pair of scissors.

Build is very nice. It's warm and loud. Maybe they are onto something with the fishing line strings. I'm still going to put LW strings on, probably with Soloist low g. I want to polish the satin finish a little anyhow.

I read the cocobolo a are heavy but it's lighter than my Sonny D, which might just be a tank.

I think I'm really going to like the radius fret board a lot.

It actually fits in my Steady concert case just barely. I'm still planning to get a double case/bag from Uke Republic.

Anyhow I'm very happy and know she will be a keeper.

Thanks Kevin!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Very cool and unique looking! Congratulations and enjoy!

Beautiful uke, congratulations :D

I just ordered a concert from cocobolo ukes. Will post some feedback when I get it a lay it a while. I believe Barry will be doing one of his in depth reviews on a the Cocobolo uke in the near future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom