Favilla Baritone- what do you think of this deal?

UkieOkie

Reaction score
Hey friends,

https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/msg/5238843445.html

I am currently broker than a dropped egg, so I will not be buying this one. However, I gave my baritone to a friend, so I will be in the market soon. What do you all think of this Favilla? Is the price in the right ballpark?

Happy Strumming

UkieOkie

I'm in Dallas on business and about |<->| this close to pulling the trigger on this. Yeah, very much the right price. Favilla wrote the book on baritone ukes back in the day.

About the right price.

Shame it doesn't have the original tuners.

What say you, DocJ?

Looks like a good price on nice Favilla baritone. The new tuners might be better, but I agree with you Steve. The original tuners would be better.

I'm in Dallas on business and about |<->| this close to pulling the trigger on this. Yeah, very much the right price. Favilla wrote the book on baritone ukes back in the day.

Well if you feed the addiction and get it, I hope you have good luck with it.

If you buy and don't love it, you'll easily re-sell it and lose nary a dollar. "Go fer it!"

Unless you want to actually, you know, play it. :p

Never had any trouble with the original friction tuners on the Favilla baritone I had. But you're right the geared tuners will be easier, but less cool. :)

Looks great and they look like peghed tuners which are very reliable. If you plan to keep it and enjoy it, don't worry about not having the original tuners. If you want to sell it later to a collector, not having the original tuners will diminish the value.

I'm into sound, not looks.

I have a Favilla baritone and I think you would be hard pressed to find a better sounding baritone. I would like to find me a nice Favilla soprano next. I would go for it. Watch out cause I live in the Dallas area... :)>)

Shoot the Pegheads with installation would be 150.00 in the least. Grab it, seriously. If you're looking, you'll never find another baritone this good for the price. Like everyone here says, there is a special sound of a Favilla one seems to never forget.

With great respect,no way will a chinese made 250.00 bari stand up to a Favilla. A Favilla is a great old classic; one of the great ones at a still reasonable price.

Cool has it right on, I can't think of a better description.

Favillas rock, I have a circa 40s soprano that outshines my Martin 3M, and just got a circa 60s classical guitar, a C8 Solo. Open to a Favilla bari though I have a Martin bari.

Top Bottom