Losing Sleep

Noob

Reaction score
Picked up a Mele Tenor in Maui 3 weeks ago. My first ukulele! Subsequently found this site and ever since I've been losing sleep. Two toddlers and a full time job, so not a lot of day time hours to practice. I just can't seem to put it down at night though - which is seriously putting a dent in my sleep. This is a great instrument and community but I'll probably die earlier because of it!
Cheers from Vancouver,
J

Welcome to the UU...

And if you do may you be "in a little hula heaven under a Koa tree..."

Picked up a Mele Tenor in Maui 3 weeks ago. My first ukulele! Subsequently found this site and ever since I've been losing sleep. Two toddlers and a full time job, so not a lot of day time hours to practice. I just can't seem to put it down at night though - which is seriously putting a dent in my sleep. This is a great instrument and community but I'll probably die earlier because of it!
Cheers from Vancouver,
J

I bought my first Mele four years ago after living across the street from the Mele store on Maui for two years, go figure. Which one did you get? You are a lucky man. You discovered UU so soon. It took me three years before I found UU.

I bought my first Mele four years ago after living across the street from the Mele store on Maui for two years, go figure. Which one did you get? You are a lucky man. You discovered UU so soon. It took me three years before I found UU.

Yep. So glad I found this site - it's going to be indispensable for my learning. I'm learning at a pace so much higher than with my guitar and a handful of books 20 years ago.

I bought the 4 string double hole Koa Tenor. Didn't know much about ukuleles when I went - wasn't even considering buying one - but a shop keeper in a small art gallery in Makawao recommended this to me and once he played I few chords on it I was sold. Since then, most of my time is spend thinking about playing it, or hum strumming (strhumming - maybe a new word...) the tunes I want to learn. Hopefully I'll get confident enough to submit a vid one day...

All the best Haolejohn
J

All the best

Welcome to the UU...

And if you do may you be "in a little hula heaven under a Koa tree..."

Thanks freedive135, sounds like not a bad place to be :)

aside from being dead of course.

Cheers from Vancouver,
J

I hear you! I obsessed for a couple of months before actually buying my first (but hopefully not last) ukulele in January. I just don't seem to be able to get enough....

I spend a lot of time each day thinking about playing while I'm walking my route (wonder who's getting whose mail?), watching You Tube uke videos on my breaks, then actually playing in the evening (though not as much as I'd like....the wife objects after a while if I'm playing while we're watching the tube), a ton of time here on UU on the forums....I've even had ukes pop up in my dreams! Did I mention that I've always been a bit OCD?

It's taking over my life....but I'm loving it!

Yes that all sounds very familiar...except the delivery the mail part.

I just can't seem to put it down at night though - which is seriously putting a dent in my sleep.

Main thing you don't drive your wife nuts keeping her up at night or worse yet depriving her of attention by giving it to your new love miss MELE. :D;)

Top Bottom