So...I got pick for Jr. Jury Duty...

Fred Miu

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah.....i have 4 classes a Tuesday, a very important day and i have work, and i have to go to jr. jury duty.....i am aggravated, i dont want to be summoned for this crap.

Yeah.....i have 4 classes a Tuesday, a very important day and i have work, and i have to go to jr. jury duty.....i am aggravated, i dont want to be summoned for this crap.
can they still make you go if you are currently a student?

does your job compensate you for lost time at work due to jury duty? if not, you might not have to go.

can they still make you go if you are currently a student?

does your job compensate you for lost time at work due to jury duty? if not, you might not have to go.

i dont know for sure until i call them. but i know for sure my work, one of the employees had to go to jury duty, so i have to too.

but as for school, i can just say that im barely struggling with school and i dont want to miss any days. which is basically my true life story....besides that i got a 3.4 haha. but chinese is hard man....miss one day and im butt raped.

tell them you're a criminal justice student and that you'll be biased in the case. they'll probably let you off.

ey freddy i got called a few months ago. I got out cuz i said i was a student. I think you're able to withdraw from either 1 or 2 with a good excuse like of course ur still in school. But next call i'll probably be doing this.

Read the back of your summons. As a student, you can postpone your jury duty till a semester break that is a minimum of two weeks long.

And jury duty isn't that bad, especially in California, since it's a one day / one trial state. Odds are you'll sit in the juror's lounge for a day bored out of your mind. If you're lucky enough to get summoned to a court room, you have the chance to witness, first hand, how inefficiently the legal system works, and the odds are still in favor of you not serving.

Then again, I'm talking about jury duty. I have no idea what Jr. Jury Duty is.

Top Bottom