concert or tenor?!

Cityline

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm deciding on buying a new uke
But I'm unsure between a tenor
And a concert
I have a soprano right and I'm just looking for a bigger size

So I'm looking for opinions, like if you have a tenor concert or both, can I have your feedback for em,

And brand and strings too if its cool, my budget is about 200

I started on a soprano and then moved to a concert. I now wish I had moved to a tenor instead, but really there are times I like my concert. I know however that had I moved to a tenor instead I probably would have never owned a concert (if that makes sence).

I started on a concert, then got a tenor, then a soprano. I then got a real nice uke and I went with my favorite size.........Concert. I like all the sized but I love my concert ukes.

It is cool to ask what everyone thinks you may get some great feedback but in the end everyone is different and it comes down to personal prefernce. You are going to just have to break down and submit to having one of each size.

...it comes down to personal prefernce. You are going to just have to break down and submit to having one of each size.

dnewton2 definitely nailed it!

Size choice is very subjective. My husband and I got quite a few ukuleles and finally settled on our "preferred" size. I like concerts; he likes tenors.

I started on baritone...quickly went to tenor...then got a sopranino (but kept the tenor). Then got a soprano. Now at last I have a concert. Out of all that the two keepers are a soprano and a concert (both sweet, sweet Kanile'as!).

Thanks for the feedback!

Haha I wish I could get one of each size, but I don like to stress my fingers much with the legth of the frets, I play the guitar from time to time, so I'm concered with the fret length and they variety of songs I can play on both, cause it I can't get a good sound at the 12+ frets on the soprano lol

I have both Concert and Tenor. I tend to pick up the Concert when ever Im learning a new song just because I find it easier to play. But I really do prefer the sound of the Tenor vs Concert. Has alot more volume and Bass.

I never leave home without my Concert Kala Ka-C

I would recommend picking up the Concert 1st. You will have both Soon enough:shaka:

If you're comfortable playing guitar, you should seriously consider a tenor.

I love the sound of my husband's tenor, but the fretboard is just too big for my small hands. I do play it on occasion, though, because it sounds so fabulous (and then I whine about my aching hands).

Haha ok, than i think I'll go with a tenor since you guys say it has great sound, and the fret aint that big, thanks all!

Haha ok, than i think I'll go with a tenor since you guys say it has great sound,

Any sized instrument has the capability of great sound. But that is cool you made your mind up. I am sure you will be very happy with your new ukulele.

Do you have any uke picked out yet or in mind?

you can't go wrong with tenors!!

Tenors are usually only 2 or 3 inches longer than concerts, but some people really like the wider spacing on the fret board,especially if they have guitar experience. They also have a somewhat "bigger" sound.
I personally like concerts the best at the moment.To me, that few inches bigger than a soprano and a few inches smaller than a tenor makes the feel of concerts most comfortable.

i prefer the tenor, imo i can do more tricks with the longer scale, and the tone if more full and has more sustain

IF you're only going to get one I'd recommend a Tenor too the concert being close enough to the standard (soprano) to have a noticeable difference. You know you will contract UAS eventually so you will wind up purchasing a concert size anyways so just get what you want the most first. I recently strummed a KALA KA-ST spruce top Tenor and this very reasonably priced ukulele was both great looking and great sounding even with GHS springs. MGM has um for $169.95 all setup with Aquila strings. If I didn't already have a NICE tenor pineapple I would have definitely picked this buggah up. http://cgi.ebay.com/KALA-KA-ST-Sitk...sidZp1713.m153.l1262?_trksid=p1713.m153.l1262
Masief_sparren_T_486fc12f08cd6.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom