Another Newb

joshjowns

Reaction score
Hey all, i just bought a cheap uke today and was wondering what the best way to learn / teach myself would be?

I have looked around and found certain chords/songs but whats the best way to go about this?

Many thanks Josh

cashew is referring to this thread . . .

Hey all, i just bought a cheap uke today and was wondering what the best way to learn / teach myself would be?

I have looked around and found certain chords/songs but whats the best way to go about this?

Many thanks Josh

Hey the best plan is to pick a song that you like and spend your time learning that, it will make it much easier and you'll pick up techniques and skills doing that without noticing. I really like Something by the Beatles and learned it using Dominator's video on youtube. I'd recommend a tutorial video like this or one of Aldrine's (a lot of them are quite difficult to learn for a beginner though) rather than starting from tab.

Just remember that it takes time to get to be able to play well and try not to get frustrated.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the help guys, yeh i think im gonna go for a song i like to begin with then go from there, hallelujah looks good to begin with? thanks again all

Hey Josh,
Another newbie here :) When I started, I just practiced and practiced the C F G G7 chords over and over and over (I think my whole family hated me while I was doing this), and then did super easy kid songs like Skip To My Lou, My Darling (2 chords) and such. Afterwards, I started doing the songs I like.

I also watch YouTube uke videos a lot, along with Aldrine's vids.

HTH.

Emmy

Edit: Just wanna mention that I don't have any stringed instrument experience prior to the uke, so my steps are really super basic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom