Post Pics!

tiki_ink

Reaction score
I don't know if this bothers anybody else, but it seems like there is an increasing trend to post for sale ukes with out pics or " I will post them when I have time" comments. This totally sucks. You can't buy a uke without pics and it is always helpful to have a sound file also. Nobody wants to buy a uke blindly. Please post for sale ukes with pics. Lets try and clean this up. This is a public service anouncment.:shaka:

I don't know if this bothers anybody else, but it seems like there is an increasing trend to post for sale ukes with out pics or " I will post them when I have time" comments. This totally sucks. You can't buy a uke without pics and it is always helpful to have a sound file also. Nobody wants to buy a uke blindly.
I agree...if you post a marketplace ad without photos you probably lose at least 50% of your potentially interested buyers right away. Most people aren't going to email for photos or come back later to see if you've added them. In addition, potential buyers only need one reason not to do business with someone they're blinding sending money to. Better to wait a few days until you have the photos before posting the ad. (Oh, and if you post blurry photos I'm going to assume you're hiding something.)

I dunno. What's up with the amount of YouTube vids in which the poster writes in the caption how bored they are and had nothing to do so they posted this thing they're too lazy to really work out and meh bah berf garrrr...

On other musci forums, things move so fast you have to jump in sometimes to merely keep up, simply to not miss out on potential deals going either way. Most places, length of membership+post+quality of posts+references are key...pics are nice too:biglaugh:

While I agree with having pics up for selling stuff, for some reason on the Fleamarket I can not put pictures up. I used to be able too but for some reason the server blocks me from adding photos so the last few post from me have been to receive pictures via email.

I understand, but it won't get to the people that it should unless it was in the post it was before. I am not a moderator and I don't know how this whole system works, but if you ask me, the thread was in the right place. Because it affected the people it was supposed to affect! If you are selling a ukulele you don't go to uke talk to get suggestions and how to post your ad. My 2 cents.

Protip: Some battles should not be fought, such as (what looks like) arguing with a mod over a thread movement.

That said, I have nothing to add to the topic. :cool:

Thanks for the opinion but this is not a fight, just a comment. You can't fight without a direct accusation or confrontation involving somebody specifically. Nobody was mentioned or attacked in any of the posts.

Thanks for the opinion but this is not a fight, just a comment. You can't fight without a direct accusation or confrontation involving somebody specifically. Nobody was mentioned or attacked in any of the posts.

Not-so-protip: You have a point there. :)

I'm horrible at determining what is and is not an argument. ;)

A little off topic but whatever. Is the marketplace supposed to be strictly for ukes and uke accessories? I ask because i have a Schecter c1 elite electric guitar, peavy amp, monster cables and road runner hard case i was thinking of putting on there for trade or sale but i have been hesitant on it i wasnt sure if i was supposed to or not? So i guess making a long question short can we post over stuff for sale in there thats not directly uke related?

I was kinda wondering myself if trading other musical instruments for ukes is allowed in the marketplace. Directly selling non-ukes might derail the forum, but what about trades? I have a few guitars I'd love to get rid of (don't worry, tiki, I have pictures!), and would actually prefer to trade them for some nice ukes instead of selling them outright. Mods/admins?

(a friend of mine had a Schecter guitar that constantly suffered from weird intonation problems. He called it a "Sphincter.")

Why not add a subforum for "other" items fs/ft, surely people will scroll through those as well.

PEr pics, some places make it mandatory to post pics, non-watermarked, and of the actual item.

That sounds like a German cuss word. :eek:;):cool:

I didn't think it sounded like a cuss word....but I was pretty sure you can get an ointment from your doctor to clear that Schecter right up. :biglaugh:

Yeah, I was wondering about subforums as well. I wanted to trade my bass on here for a uke so I just went ahead and posted. I wouldn't have done so if I was just out and out selling it. No one seemed to mind.

THis post is done in fun:

Any body interested in a tenor uke trade? I have an almost new, perfect condtion Kanile'a K-1T that has only been played for 2 weeks(owned for 1 month). I am looking to trade for a comparible 6 or 8 string Tenor or a Koaloha Tenor. Any comparible trade will be considered. Thanks. Pics coming soon.-Tiki Ink 2/2/09

I post pictures once I am able to. Sometimes I don't have all the available files b/c of work computers.:) IF that keeps me from making a sale, Oh well.

Top Bottom