Has antone else noticed?

whistleman123

Reaction score
I'm coming up on my first Christmas season playing ukulele. Is it just me or have other people found that a lot of the Christmas Song Collections for uke put the tunes in keys that are basically un-singable! I think this is done to make them easier to play, but not to sing.
If I try to sing it in the low octave it goes too low. If I switch up an octave it goes too high!
I can't do it by sight yet so I have to do it on paper. I just finished transposing "I'll Be Home For Christmas" down a major 2end from C to Bb.
Is there a book with a compilation of holiday tunes that are in keys that are vocalist friendly?

I'm coming up on my first Christmas season playing ukulele. Is it just me or have other people found that a lot of the Christmas Song Collections for uke put the tunes in keys that are basically un-singable! I think this is done to make them easier to play, but not to sing.
If I try to sing it in the low octave it goes too low. If I switch up an octave it goes too high!
I can't do it by sight yet so I have to do it on paper. I just finished transposing "I'll Be Home For Christmas" down a major 2end from C to Bb.
Is there a book with a compilation of holiday tunes that are in keys that are vocalist friendly?
I've found that to be the case in a lot of ukulele music. I end up changing a lot of what I find to a different key. It is a fact of life when it comes to playing and singing I think.

just do what I do...sing out of key and have fun!

Top Bottom