Bushman Koa Tenor for sale (2006) solid Koa body/abalone trim

mgadonzen

Reaction score
Purchased in 2006 and then switched to mandolin. Mint, like new condition. Less than 25 hours playing time. Abalone trim binding. Asking $500. Your best offer certainly considered.

Attachments

• IMG_20151024_124206.jpg
    IMG_20151024_124206.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 290
I went to the website. I see a price of $329 for a new one.
Why are you asking $500?

where are these made and is it solid wood...what type of wood are they using....to lazy to look for their website....:)
looks nice

Last edited:
To the folks who replied to my ad for this 'KOA' Bushman Tenor Ukulele........Here are the FACTS.......!!

...Bushman stopped making 'KOA' ukuleles years ago!
I don't know in exactly what year they stopped making these, their highest line of Ukulele product...but this Tenor is of solid KOA; and you should not confuse it with the Acacia wood currently being offered by the Bushman folks today. This KOA wood is from a supplier at that time known as Jarma.......or something like that. Check it out.

I believe I have priced this Tenor very fairly. (In fact, i think too low !), And I have presented it fairly and will provide additional pics for serious inquiries.

So, this is not an Acacia Ukulele. It is KOA ! And, I forgot to mention that buyer pays shipping and insurance. Jump on this while still available. You will have a mint KOA Uke and case.

Thanks for looking !

As a point of information, I paid significantly more for it back in 2006. Tell me why the Bushman folks would offer the same instrument today for lesser dollars if it were still available ????

the Koa is nice...Jorma Winkler is a wood supplier from the Big Island..he now has his own Hawaiian built ukes called Imua...
yours is very nice.....where was it built US or China?

To Hawaii 50.....( and concerned others...)

I frankly don't know where it was built.......but, I expect it was here in the USA; due to my recent research...!

I don't understand the constant hijacking of sales threads. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. The sale, when and if it occurs, will only be by a buyer that feels it is worth it. They should make the decision.

Why the hijacking?

I don't understand the constant hijacking of sales threads. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. The sale, when and if it occurs, will only be by a buyer that feels it is worth it. They should make the decision.

Why the hijacking?

I agree LR, but without any formal method for buyer/seller feedback, maybe this is our way of watching out for each other and maintaining the integrity of UU...either that or it's "Buyer Beware"...

Bushman did build Koa ukes earlier like 4-5 years ago and earlier... not acacia..my friend had one.....they may have discontinued making them...
this is an upgraded one with abalone.. the regular Koa my friend sold for 300 used in 2011
Like pono the change might have been because of cost of the Koa and to find an alternative less expensive wood.

Last edited:
To justinj......(and concerned others)...... So, Justin J goes on Bushman website and points to a 2015 pic of their instrument. Can Justin J produce the Bushman photo that ran in 2006? And their accompanying advertising ?? Justin J is wrong. It is not Acacia !

If I can include a pic of the label in this update,....I will; otherwise email me for that pic and I Will happily provide it to you....

I can't figure out how to add the label pic.....I just took it (sorry). If u want to see it, send me a personal email and I will ship it to you. I'll keep trying.

Attachments

• IMG_20151024_214444.jpg
    IMG_20151024_214444.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 150
Why does this have to be so evasive and difficult? It's a bit hard to see because there's so much glare from the flash but from what I can make out:

Model name 5A Koa Tenor
Stock No 5AKOA-T
24 A R2006

There may be something to be said about how the only posts the seller has made here have had to do with the sale offer of this uke.

Last edited:
For more clarity -- if u can't read the label.....

The label is oval, white, with black type and reads: - top to bottom -

Final Assembly in the USA
BUSHMAN
Ukuleles
Model Name: 5A KOA TENOR
Stock No: 5AKOA-T
24 APR 2006

I can't figure out how to add the label pic.....I just took it (sorry). If u want to see it, send me a personal email and I will ship it to you. I'll keep trying.

The label looks good to me. It clearly says "Koa". Thanks for taking the time and trouble to clarify things for us.

For all the pundits, talking heads, and others who opined in this thread, I will tell you that I in fact called the Bushman folks and discussed this very KOA/Acacia issue with them re this 2006 Tenor.

There was absolutely no hesitancy about the gentleman who said that it was an instrument ....indeed of KOA! And to that point, he said that because of the rising costs of that species they discontinued KOA instruments.

I am satisfied with that explanation and the uke being indeed of KOA. And to that point, I have over 25 years experience as a violin luthier...so I think I do know a little bit about wood.....abelt, not enough, I'm still learning. Look, the uke is what it is! I cannot change what you see. And that is my final representation ! Thanks to all for this enlightening dialog.

For more clarity -- if u can't read the label.....

The label is oval, white, with black type and reads: - top to bottom -

Final Assembly in the USA
BUSHMAN
Ukuleles
Model Name: 5A KOA TENOR
Stock No: 5AKOA-T
24 APR 2006

Awesome.
Thanks for posting this information. I can see that it is, indeed, Koa wood.
I wish you good luck in quickly finding a new owner for this uke.

Perhaps you can edit your first post with this information so perspective buyers will see it immediately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom