PDA

View Full Version : The Kala KA-SRMT-TRI has arrived..

ukuleleden
10-24-2015, 09:56 AM
As mentioned in my other thread it arrived at my local dealer...

The theme of Kala Special Editions proves again to exceed my expectations in relation to their cost.

The KA-SRMT-TRI, which stands for Solid Rosewood Mango Tenor w/Tri-wood back Mango wedge (R/M/R), and Mango side trim...

The fit and finish are at the same high level I found with other S.E. ASAC 10th Anniversary model.

Here are some pics I took after unboxing and about an hour of playing it before putting it's case.

Photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/zCaDtrZgxhGLeg9KA

ukuleleden
10-24-2015, 10:06 AM
Full specs from Kala: http://www.kalabrand.com/Models/Kala/SpecialEditions/DetailsPageSpecials.html#two

Nickie
10-25-2015, 03:13 PM
That's a pretty nifty lookin' uke there.

Sonic
10-25-2015, 03:36 PM
The back is gorgeous :drool:

pritch
10-25-2015, 03:42 PM
If that sounds as good as it looks yer in luck. :)

spookelele
10-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Nice pick. I tried one of these at the local music store, and it was quite good.
I tend to prefer cedar to spruce, but I liked the srmt-tri.
You'll get alotta mileage on it.

ukuleleden
10-26-2015, 02:12 AM
That's a pretty nifty lookin' uke there.

Much like the Martin 35 series of guitars, I always had a liking for a 3-piece wedge back look... I really am liking the tone with the stock strings, but will do some exploring. So far seems to be a keeper!

ukuleleden
10-26-2015, 02:13 AM
If that sounds as good as it looks yer in luck. :)

Both have been very satisying to my ears and eyes with this one...

ukuleleden
10-26-2015, 02:19 AM
Nice pick. I tried one of these at the local music store, and it was quite good.
I tend to prefer cedar to spruce, but I liked the srmt-tri.
You'll get alotta mileage on it.

Agree about the Cedar! I already have the ATP-CTG-CE with the solid cedar top and Cedar is indeed a must have tone wood!

So this Tri-Back model covers me for the dynamics the Solid Spruce top provides... Each one really does have it's own "voice" to enjoy...