NUD! (that usps almost ruined): Pono Acacia Cedar Cutaway Tenor via rappsy

Pukin' Ukin'

Reaction score
Howdy UU. I'm new. Glad to be here.

Overnight delivery from the Man himself: rappsy. If he has a uke you want expect only the best service and info. No bs. But he's just a guy. A nice one.

I had been checking tracking incessantly (who doesn't?) and saw "NOTICE LEFT. NO AUTHORIZED RECIPIENT". No ring or knock, positive. Opened my front door and had the notice on it.

We live in town center 1/2 a block from the post office. 1:57, they close at 2. Short story short, I RUN in and they have it for me. Like come on usps! Not bashing but come on guys.

I had my uke. A Pono gloss acacia/cedar. My combo. These two woods together give me what I want. Crisp assertive acacia with cedar that says "Not so fast. Let's smooth things out but keep it Poppin".

The tuner buttons aren't as red as they look in my photo, they're amber.

These Ko'olau people are doing it right. I believe they treat their factory staff like professionals and not robots. This can accomplish truly great work. Their Ponos are top top top ukes that are accessible. And Pono makes cutaways that are beautiful and organic.

My oh my what a wonderful day.

Attachments

• uke.jpg
    uke.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I work about a half mile from a PO. I found it useful to have the sender post it as 'hold for pick up'. Typically, you can go to a pick up desk rather than wait in the general service line. I can pick up the item at my leisure and the package does not have to suffer the indignity of a ride on the neighborhood truck.

HNUD! (Happy New Ukulele Day!) Enjoy you new Pono Tenor, looks great!

I use my post office box for shipping wherever possible, this way they hold it there until I pick it up. When I am faced having to have UPS or FedEx deliver and signature is require for delivery, I have them hold it as both locations are only a short drive for me to pick it up at their customer centers.

Congratulations! The amber tuners really look good. I love the grain of the back too.

Congrats on the new Uke! I'm with Nickie, that back is very cool.

Scooter

She's a purty one all right. Congratulations!

Thanks. Yes I uploaded a higher quality photo but still trying to figure out how to have it show up directly in my post instead of just a link. My photos seems to be limited to 98.2kb no matter what I try to upload a little larger.

I know there are other areas I should probably be posting this but since you all seem so welcoming I thought maybe it would be ok. I'm an extremely computer literate Graphic Designer so I'm familiar with the image creation side of things. Just putting them on here is what I have had issues with.

That's a gorgeous uke - congratulations! The HMS sound sample of your uke is fantastic so I know you're already loving it. (I have a Pono ATSH and am just thrilled each day as I pick it up to play...)

That sound sample and song is why I wanted it and also because I've known that is the combo of wood I'm most interested in. I contacted HMS to find out the name of that piece of music and have even started learning it successfully from watching the video. I can't get the melody out of my head, in a good way. They did write back to me with bcc to Corey(who is playing I guess) and asked him what the music is.

But yeah, this ATDC-C is so sick I had to take it to the Doctor! :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom