Sweet Vintage Soprano - C. 1930s Mahogany Regal

Tommy B

Reaction score
Bump & Price Drop: $140 shipped (lower 48)
Hi everyone. I no longer play soprano ukes, so this little peach is up for sale. It's a higher-quality Regal, probably from the '30s and likely made of Cuban mahogany. You can see the flame in some of the photos, although the finish is now yellow and clouded, and obscures the grain. It has cream-colored binding like a Martin Style 2 and a multi-colored, wood-inlay rosette.

IMGP4451.jpgIMGP4456.jpgIMGP4458.jpgTEB_8561.jpg

Serious mojo on this one! The uke is light, at only around 9 ounces. It has a sweet, loud bark that's a little woodier and boxier sounding than my old Martin. The string spacing at the nut is around 1-1/4 inches; scale is 13-1/4 inches. Action is good. It's strung with Martin fluorocarbons.

The neck and bridge are firmly attached. The only issues I can detect are: a closed, stable hairline on the soundboard just below and to the treble side of the bridge. It might just be part of the finish crazing, as it's tight, barely visible and not moving. ... A small piece of the bridge by the 4th string was reglued ... A black line of felt-pen ink on the soundboard below the bridge ... A little crunch in the wood on the treble edge of the fingerboard around the sixth fret.

Here's a photo album. Please check out all the pics and let me know if you have any questions:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterbutt/17903044318/in/album-72157653375282896/

Does not come with a case. Asking $140 shipped, PayPal gift (lower 48 - all others please pm me). Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
tom

Last edited:
Oh Tom...very tempting!

Ryan from San Ramon here. You know I love Regal and I play the custom shop one I bought from you all the time.

Top Bottom