Maui Music Pre-Fire Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Dude

Reaction score
This uke is sold.

I'm selling my Maui Music Tenor to free up some cash for a new uke. It is a pre-fire tenor that was made in 1996. It is solid Koa with abalone rosette and (I think) celluloid binding. It's in good condition but has two issues. One, it has had one repair. A few months ago there started to be a tiny separation along the seam between the two sides on the back. I took it to a professional to have it repaired. They put a little glue in and stopped it. It is barely noticeable at this point. I attempted to show it in one of the photos below. About an inch or two up from the bottom. Also, I have switched out the original friction tuners and replaced them with some Gotoh minis. They function perfectly fine, but look a little different, due to the shape of the headstock. I saved the original Schaller tuners if you want to swich it back.

The instrument looks and sounds great. These pre-fire ukes have a great reputation for being players and it is true. Intonation is great. If you just want a good solid koa uke to play this might be for you. I'm selling it because I have some other tenors that I am playing alot more than this one, and i have another one on the way. It has a slightly radiused fretboard; and I have learned that I prefer it flat.

Price is $700 obo plus $20 for shipping in the 48 states.
Pm me if interested or if you want more pics.
Thanks

Last edited:
This is still for sale. I will take $650 + $20 for shipping. Let me know if you want any more pics or info.
Thanks

Do you happen to have any soundfiles available on it? I love the way this one looks.

Sooo tempted! If I hadn't just taken a forced pay cut and was in danger of losing my job...

That's a heckuva deal! Someone should grab it. I'd be seriously considering it if I hadn't just pulled the trigger on another special tenor.

someone needs to buy this one!!!

These screaming deals are bad for my marriage.:eek: someone please buy this one and remove the temptation:wallbash::anyone:

You goin get 'um? No can go wrong, especially fo da price!

you taking paypal?

Yes, paypal works for me. Also, I have a real nice Ko'olau hard case that I originally wasn't going to sell with it, but since my new Ko'olau that I'm getting will have one, I will sell this one with it for $50 if you want it. If not, no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom