early 1900's Vega Tater bug mandolin to trade for higher level concert or tenor

stophie11

Reaction score
I have been holding on to this American made Vega Tater Bug mandolin mostly for collection purposes. This piece of history is in good shape, it's either highly figured indian rosewood or Brazilian on the back ribs very pretty, one of the ribs is slightly raised. The chrome piece covering the string ends has never been in my possession. The top is spruce with pearl inlay on the pick guard, not sure if the top has sunk a little or that it was just made that way, because the instrument still plays wonderfully all the way up the neck. Tuners are original as well as the Vega label inside. I have had this little guy for over 20 yrs and it mostly stays humidified in storage, it has some old Thomastik strings on it. I would like to trade this for a concert or tenor uke that is upper level luthier quality or Pono advanced level I do have cash to boot for the right deal. The mandolin comes with a cheap soft carry case.20151021_075707_resized - Copy.jpg20151021_075707_resized - Copy.jpg20151021_075819_resized.jpg20151021_075841.jpg

Top Bottom