dnt noe what strings to get help plz

lilxlagman13

Reaction score
i have a concert 6 string friend gave it to me n it doznt have any strings tho so i nee some help on some strings to get maybe a link or sumtin

Well, a link or sumtin is all over the netz. It appears that Worth has a 6-string set, and that would be a solid set to get going. How about checking some online vendors or music stores in your neighborhood?

(Hint: it would be so cool if you would spell out all the wordZ and indicate clearly that you are asking a favor...)

It doesn't matter nearly as much as you'd think which strings you buy. Google for 6 string ukulele strings (you also need to know if its a concert, tenor, soprano etc), and order some. You'll know soon whether they suit you. And yeah - we love to help, but we don't love l33t speak all that much ;)

m i th nly 1 who thnkz ths crapee inglish is gettng to much?

Come on! Spell words correctly, for gawd's sake. It's English, not graffiti, and it's not that hard to do it right but apparently very easy to do it poorly if you don't give a damn about communicating effectively. Use proper capitalization and punctuation. Don't make posts that read like an illiterate child's scribble. Please. I can forgive an occasional typo and slip, but this gibberish-talk is vexatious.

Language is a tool, just like your ukulele, and deserves the same respect. Use it properly, not like a broken toy. Used well, language is like a scalpel or an artist's brush, capable of great subtlety and expression. Used poorly... it's the lazy scrawl we see here. Write like you play the uke - or at least like you aspire to play it.

Come on! Spell words correctly, for gawd's sake. It's English, not graffiti, and it's not that hard to do it right but apparently very easy to do it poorly if you don't give a damn about communicating effectively. Use proper capitalization and punctuation. Don't make posts that read like an illiterate child's scribble. Please. I can forgive an occasional typo and slip, but this gibberish-talk is vexatious.

Language is a tool, just like your ukulele, and deserves the same respect. Use it properly, not like a broken toy. Used well, language is like a scalpel or an artist's brush, capable of great subtlety and expression. Used poorly... it's the lazy scrawl we see here. Write like you play the uke - or at least like you aspire to play it.
Hey Ian, Tell us how you really feel....:D. (I do agree with you, it makes me CRAZY!)

I agree with ScooterGuitar - and also with Sam Wise. Strings do make a difference. The "wrong" brand or type can make a uke sound bad, but the only way to find what is right for your uke is to try some. All branded uke strings should be OK, but some will suit your particular uke better than others.

Aquilas are a good starting point.

The form of written communication is interesting. If this UU poster does not know any better, then they have my sympathy, and my support. If they DO know better, WTF are they writing like THAT for?:eek:ld:

Ukantor.

A string is a string, but...
BAsically we all hear things differently, as well asthetics, tones that sound ideal to me might sound like poo to the next person. Trial and error.

Dead right ScooterG.

One of my friends always prefers a much brighter, crisper sounding uke than me. Another (yeah, I've got more than one friend!) chooses exactly what I like - slightly warmer sound, more sustain.

Some folk seem happy to play any heap of junk. That's fine too, if they're having fun.

Ukantor.

It doesn't matter nearly as much as you'd think which strings you buy. Google for 6 string ukulele strings (you also need to know if its a concert, tenor, soprano etc), and order some. You'll know soon whether they suit you. And yeah - we love to help, but we don't love l33t speak all that much ;)

culd i get tenor strings n put em on a concert?

LOL!! That response made me smile. Kids now a days.

Everyone has given great advise. Anyone that makes strings make a 6 string set. Just take off strings one at a time and replace as you remove them.

culd i get tenor strings n put em on a concert?

I wouldn't but for everyone like me there will be someone to tell you that you can. Normally 6 string ukes come in a tenor size concert strings might be difficult to find. Ask your friend that gave it to you where they got their strings.

I wouldn't but for everyone like me there will be someone to tell you that you can. Normally 6 string ukes come in a tenor size concert strings might be difficult to find. Ask your friend that gave it to you where they got their strings.

Also, ask your friend why they didn't give you the strings. :cool:

Bravo, Ian.

Keep the lousy bastardization of the language to the forums that specialize in it. While English is the language used to communicate on this forum, I daresay it's not the native tongue of a good number of the participants. For their sake - and for those of us who appreciate the courtesy to not have our noses rubbed in some adolescent internet gibberish - please take the time to express yourselves clearly.

(Off my soapbox...)

Jon

the strings came with it then they broke n he culdnt find any

While English is the language used to communicate on this forum, I daresay it's not the native tongue of a good number of the participants.
I have great respect for anyone who struggles to learn another language. It is difficult and can be embarrassing to express yourself in it adequately to its native speakers (you should hear my broken Spanish some time...). So I am wont to forgive such efforts, even if they fall short of linguistic purity.

But anyone who is a product of the UK or North American school system where English is the primary tongue, or who has studied English in their schooling abroad, can never be forgiven for such idiotic and insulting gibberish as,
"the strings came with it then they broke n he culdnt find any "
or
"culd i get tenor strings n put em on a concert? "
These contain deliberate mistakes in spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and capitalization. It's appalling that anyone older than six would write such lines.

They could only be meant to incite readers - trolling, I suppose it's called - because it's difficult to believe anyone can be that stupid as to not know how to use the elementary rules of their own language. And if you know it's wrong, why else use it except to insult the reader?

I can abide by honest mistakes made in the best effort, but I cannot stomach willful ignorance or insult.

I strongly suspect this person is having a laugh. To quote the great John McEnroe, "You cannot be serious!"

Ukantor.

Aquilla's sound pleasing to me on most ukes.

I believe in freedom of expression, in whatever form it takes. I also believe in expressing opinion. I don't believe in absolutism.

Top Bottom