Any romantic fingerpicked songs for wedding performance?

xzcuzxme

Reaction score
I'm thinking of playing a song at my wedding in December. Does anyone know any good romantic songs that are tabbed up on the net?

I could work something out myself but I probably won't get the time as I would like to start learning something now.

It has to be fairly complicated as it would be a solo piece with no vocals and ideally I don't want boredom to set it! I'm probably going to be a bit nervous though so no Jake level noodling mind!!!

I thought of White Christmas as my wedding is on the 28 December but not sure if my fiancée would really be that wooed by that!

Thanks, Luke

Romantic and NO vocals?

Your going to have to be brave and sing.

Right Down the Line by Gerry Rafferty is a song you should check out.

Anthony

I can already play the canon. Not Corey's version though. I thought about it but the bit where it goes to 32nd notes can get dicey! Plus its very difficult to keep the correct tempo by yourself as its a canon. Keeping in perfect time for the 1/4 through the 32nds and back down is tough! If I had a violinist maybe!

J. S. Bach's Prelude in C Major from his Well Tempered Klavier is quite lovely. There are more "accurate" versions out there, but I find John King's most lyrical due to the effective use of the Campanella style.

Last edited:
If you would be willing to buy a book, Tony Mizen's "Romantic Ukulele" has a number of really nice arrangements that might suit the occasion. (Probably not the John Philip Sousa, LOL...)

Cool,

I Had a quick look on Amazon. Not sure if I want to go down the classical route. I already have john Kings Classical Ukulele and I think my girlfriend is pretty sick of my renditions of Bach and Chopin!

I agree with anthonyg. I think you need to sing. :) There is a whole thread over in the Seasons of the Ukulele from two weeks ago where the theme was "weddings". Lots to choose from there, although I woudn't recommend my entry. :) You say "she's sick of hearing your renditions of Bach and Chopin," so play something she likes. Even if it comes off a bit dodgy, learning and singing her a song that she likes will be a very romantic gesture.

Good Luck! (and post back here in January to let us know how it goes)

"Walking in the Air" from The Snowman. I think would be perfect for a Christmas wedding :) Here I am playing and singing but I could easily get it down as a full instrumental tab (which I've been meaning to do anyway). Thought I already had in fact but can't find it. Let me know if you are interested. It's on baritone here but I usually do it in the original key.

The Ukulele Site has a nice tab for Kiss From A Rose, arranged by Kalei Gamiao. It's one of my favourite things to play, even though my soprano doesn't actually have enough frets :)

Bonesigh,

I love that song! And I love the short movie. I am a chorus teacher and it is a favorite with my chorus kids.

Cool,

Thanks for the advice. I might check out the tab for Close To You. It worked for Rick Moranis!

You might also look at Daniel Ho's Book of all the songs on his Polani CD. It is my favorite uke music book.

Top Bottom