New Black Bear Concert Mahogany Uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
This is a new concert size uke, 15" playing scale, made of all Honduran Mahogany for the body. This mahogany is well seasoned, over 20 years. This is wood I had left over from a boat building project (transom and benches) I finished this year, you can view a few photos of the 11' Tender rowing boat below. The uke neck is Mango wood with a graphite truss rod. Although the mango does have a few worm holes, there are no worms, very unique looking wood. There are 12 frets to the body, 15 total. Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Rosette is 3 maple rings. White plastic dots with white side dots. Bone nut and saddle. Medium size frets for easy playing and accurate intonation. Chrome Grover friction tuners with white plastic knobs. High gloss nitro-lacquer finish with a satin smooth touch and semi-gloss look. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow mahogany sound. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA. $35 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$700

Attachments

• 2015-10-27 mahogany concert-a.jpg
    2015-10-27 mahogany concert-a.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 414
  • 2015-10-27 mahogany concert-b.jpg
    2015-10-27 mahogany concert-b.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 3 - First taste of the water-sm.jpg
    3 - First taste of the water-sm.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 17 - One happy camper - close up.jpg
    17 - One happy camper - close up.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Ok, the site owners have discussed the Marketplace and have decided that sole-luthier builders may post their instruments for sale here. Larger manufacturers and dealers may not. Please refer to the updated UU rules for clarification.

I'm restoring this thread to Marketplace with my apologies to Duane for any inconvenience.

You'll notice that I deleted all the subsequent discussion. It was redundant as the ultimate decision was always going to be made by the site owners. Also, I didin't want my action to result in Duane's thread being clogged up with off topic noise. I hope you'll all understand.

Much appreciated, thanks for your consideration.

Ok, the site owners have discussed the Marketplace and have decided that sole-luthier builders may post their instruments for sale here. Larger manufacturers and dealers may not. Please refer to the updated UU rules for clarification.

I'm restoring this thread to Marketplace with my apologies to Duane for any inconvenience.

You'll notice that I deleted all the subsequent discussion. It was redundant as the ultimate decision was always going to be made by the site owners. Also, I didin't want my action to result in Duane's thread being clogged up with off topic noise. I hope you'll all understand.

Beautiful instrument and I am sure it plays like a dream, but that boat is a knockout!

I dream with this uke. I have a Black Bear mahogany soprano in 2011 and I love the sound, very unike in mahogany ukes. This concert would be perfect.

I really like this idea!

Excellent decision. Happy to see that the sole luthiers can post here.

Thank you. Sanity has prevailed.

I hope the controversy about solo luthiers posting in the marketplace has died down enough to permit the OP to try to sell his ukulele (which, by the way, looks really nice).

I hope the controversy about solo luthiers posting in the marketplace has died down enough to permit the OP to try to sell his ukulele (which, by the way, looks really nice).

Perhaps you missed this?
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...ar-Concert-Mahogany-Uke&p=1771913#post1771913

I myself have added another year to my VIP as I stated previously.

I look all the time waiting for "the one" that calls me. It was a white pine soprano sold for a song a couple years ago I slept on it and waited a second too long. Another will call and I'm glad I will see it as it crosses us here.

Perhaps you missed this?
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...ar-Concert-Mahogany-Uke&p=1771913#post1771913

I myself have added another year to my VIP as I stated previously.

I look all the time waiting for "the one" that calls me. It was a white pine soprano sold for a song a couple years ago I slept on it and waited a second too long. Another will call and I'm glad I will see it as it crosses us here.

No, I didn't miss that. I followed the underlying debate with great interest. In my earlier post here, I was, in my own obscure way, hoping that this thread, which is for the sale of what I'm sure is a wonderful ukulele, doesn't get cluttered with chatter about things other than the sale of the ukulele. (My earlier post also achieved another objective - it bumped to the top of the Marketplace a "for sale" thread that had turned into a discussion about the decision to permit solo luthiers and had sunk all the way to page two.) I know many people have opinions about the debate over whether solo luthiers should be able to post in this section and I know that many people want to express their happiness at the decision that was made. But in THIS thread, please just let the OP sell his ukulele.

Last edited:
Yes, I do hope to sell this, so I am lowering the price to $700. Thanks to everyone who has been supportive.

Turkey day is just around the corner and for those who may be looking for a great sounding and easy playing uke, this is no turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom