New Ono Tenor

saltytri

Reaction score
This one is off to a new home tomorrow so I wanted to get some shots up before it is packed. I dropped by a hardwood vendor a couple of years ago and they had just gotten in a pallet of 3' boards, so there was a cubic yard of boards banded together with the shipping documents still in place and showing that it was granadillo from Mexico. I'll have to take the shipper's word for it because this board was different from very other board in the unit and unlike any granadillo i've seen. I asked whether I could go through the stack (never do this unless you are willing to neatly restack it or it will be your last time!) and, at the bottom, finally found one useable board. The beeswing figure and areas of pink tint make it pretty unusual and attractive.

Other details:
one piece Sitka spruce top
ebony fretboard, bridge and binding
Honduras mahogany neck
unbleached bone nut and saddle
Gotoh UPT-L tuners
Tru-Oil finish
strung with Southeast mediums

21932555523_07e479336a_b.jpg

22553750435_69a32f858c_b.jpg

22527763976_3288b07ca7_b.jpg

22366938149_c333e2eaaf_b.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful as always Dave. One piece sitka spruce top is very cool. I am assuming the granadillo is the back and sides. You know the rules..........no pictures and it did not happen :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Just sayin'

Well, Dave, you assume correctly and you can prove it to yourself. There's one more set of this wood in my pile so you can order up a twin! ;)

Last edited:
Dave I have been selling off some of my ukes for a while now, and I can't remember the last time that I bought a new uke. But I must admit that your ukes are calling to me. :) They are just so beautiful and classy looking.

Well, Dave, you assume correctly and you can prove it to yourself. There's one more set of this wood in my pile so you can order up a twin! ;)

Hey Dave, I must have jumped on the thread as you were posting the other pictures. I know you always have some great pictures, my impatience has paid off.

I like twins :shaka:

Yes, I was getting slapped around by Flickr but I figured it out eventually. Sheesh! Some days computers are not that much fun. :rolleyes:

David, your eye for wood selection and bookmatching is outstanding. Congratulations !

Bee-you-tee-full!!!!

Another fantastic looking ukulele. Your work is great. Love to hear sample from whom ever was lucky enough to get this one.

Beautifully clean & very elegant, nice work.

Yes, that's exactly what I think when I see Ono ukes. Clean & elegant, really classy looking. I think they photograph well, perhaps because they aren't really high gloss. This one is as beautiful as all the others I've seen, someone should be really happy.

All these photos are making it harder to be patient waiting for my turn to get to the top of the list.

Wow, what a gorgeous looking uke. I love that wood grain! It looks so clean, I bet it plays nice. WTG

Stunning work as always David!

Folks, thanks for all the nice comments! I'm sure that the new owner has followed this with interest, especially since he won't actually see it until next week.

The other set of this wood is now promised to one of our UU compatriots. And for "Katz," your wood is sitting there tempting me sorely so at least you have a partner in longing. :)

Truly a work of art :D

Top Bottom