Long time lurker says thanks!

Kiwiohana

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been lurking here for a while soaking up the great info you guys all share. I am still just a beginner (currently working through UU101 and 102) but got a good start to UAS with two Ohanas - a CK20S and a CKP70R vita uke. I just love them! Not the flashest instruments in the world, but we'll finished and a great price for a solid top for someone at my level.

Anyway, today I made a leap up the ladder, and ordered a Pono from HMS - this one in fact:

http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/pono/pono-et-pc-cedar-macassar-ebony.html

I have added a Pono pickup (I may never plug in to an amp, but I want to be able to) and a strap button - everything else it already has!

It was from this site that I was able to narrow my choices down - I like the look of slot head, but they seem to bring no measurable benefit, and the weakening of the headstock, while probably unlikely, made me stick with standard. Likewise, I wondered about cutaway, but reading here made me realise I didn't need it - so this PC really fitted the bill!

Hard part now - waiting 6-10 days for them to do the setup and then the shipping down under to New Zealand! At least I get it for Christmas!

So thanks again, you guys have helped my dream co e true!

Ashley.

Congrats on your new baby! I bet the wait is killing ya!

Welcome to UU.

Aloha
Ashley, welcome finally to the uu ohana, and congrats on your new pono.. happy strummings
Hope to see you post more now :)
UOTE=Kiwiohana;1766971]Hi all,

I have been lurking here for a while soaking up the great info you guys all share. I am still just a beginner (currently working through UU101 and 102) but got a good start to UAS with two Ohanas - a CK20S and a CKP70R vita uke. I just love them! Not the flashest instruments in the world, but we'll finished and a great price for a solid top for someone at my level.

Anyway, today I made a leap up the ladder, and ordered a Pono from HMS - this one in fact:

http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/pono/pono-et-pc-cedar-macassar-ebony.html

I have added a Pono pickup (I may never plug in to an amp, but I want to be able to) and a strap button - everything else it already has!

It was from this site that I was able to narrow my choices down - I like the look of slot head, but they seem to bring no measurable benefit, and the weakening of the headstock, while probably unlikely, made me stick with standard. Likewise, I wondered about cutaway, but reading here made me realise I didn't need it - so this PC really fitted the bill!

Hard part now - waiting 6-10 days for them to do the setup and then the shipping down under to New Zealand! At least I get it for Christmas!

So thanks again, you guys have helped my dream co e true!

Ashley.[/QUOTE]

Glad you found us Ashley and welcome aboard. Your instrument is one of my favorites, I actually own #131452 which is the one Corey is playing in the video. If you have been lurking a while you might have seen my "Long term review of Pono ET-PC" in the review subforum. Basically after one year of heavy use I still love it. I am sure you will too.

Congratulations on a great instrument and getting it from the right place. Are you having it set up for low G or staying reentrant. I would recommend having it set up for low G that way you can swap back and forth. That is what I did any ways. Enjoy it, the waiting is well worth it.

Congratulations! The Pono is a great choice for moving up. Enjoy it it when it arrives!

Welcome to the Underground Ashley, and congratulations on a great choice! I have the slothead cutaway version of this model, had it for well almost two years now, and it is still one of my absolute favorites. Yours looks absolutely gorgeous, stunning piece of ebony, and with that light colored binding. Have fun with it!

Thanks everyone. Dave, I thought very hard about low G, but decided to stick to high for now until I am more confident with my playing, then I plan to restring. (Or get another!) :p

For now, I have to be content with waiting for the order to update to the magical 'shipped' status!

Thanks everyone. Dave, I thought very hard about low G, but decided to stick to high for now until I am more confident with my playing, then I plan to restring. (Or get another!) :p

For now, I have to be content with waiting for the order to update to the magical 'shipped' status!

You can just have them set it up for low G (widen the slots in the nut to accept the thicker G string) but still have it strung high G.

But I do like your thought process about "getting another" :shaka:

You can just have them set it up for low G (widen the slots in the nut to accept the thicker G string) but still have it strung high G.

You just entered a very dangerous underworld. This is the beginning of your UAS journey! Congrat on your first Pono and many more after that!

Oh, excellent advice Dave, and hadn't even thought about the low G string been wider! Have emailed them to get that done. Thanks again!

Oh, excellent advice Dave, and hadn't even thought about the low G string been wider! Have emailed them to get that done. Thanks again!

Welcome to the Underground :)

Wow! That's quite a step up - that is a stunning instrument! I've had a couple of Ponos over the years - really great ukes. You will be very happy with it, I think!

Top Bottom