Who are the great soprano players?

Piecomics

Reaction score
Just curious, most of the people I hear tend to play tenors... The only soprano player I know who definitely is a soprano player (I hope I'm right) is john King.

I've been playing the tenor but lately have been enjoying the sound of the soprano, curious who else I should check out?

Ohta-San the Great, I turn into zen-mode when he speaks, and into admire-mode when he plays.

John King and Ohta-san. And Roy Smeck. Actually John King played concert sized ukes too.

Of the youtube players, there's zaza and a great player named George Elmes.

Last edited:
AJ Leonard #1. Steve Martin on the beach in "The Jerk" #2 (although that was the great Lyle Ritz playing)

Then there was a great player here on UU called EugeneUkulele who is still pretty awesome.

John King and Ohta-san. And Roy Smeck. Actually John King played concert sized ukes too.

Of the youtube players, there's zaza and a great player named George Elmes.

Elmes is amazing. So thankful that somebody is still rockin' a soprano like the kings of old. I attended a Jake Shimabukuro concert this week (Malibu, Thursday night). After the show, Jake greeted all the attendees in the lobby. I asked him to please consider making a soprano album and a baritone album before retiring. He said he'd add it to the bucket list, LOL.

I attended a Jake Shimabukuro concert this week (Malibu, Thursday night).
Wow, really? Man, I'm so out of the loop, I missed that. My wife would have loved to have gone. We first bumped into Jake like 10 years ago at NAMM.

Top Bottom