Ukulele Comparison Video - 12 sopranos

The 60's martin sounds fantastic. and the mexi-martin sounds like a solid strummer. i dont know what it is but i do love me the sound of the Flea though. this is a great comparison though, thanks for this. oh and i forgot to mention the Mainland Soprano. SO MUCH VOLUME. either that or a flea will be my next purchase. damn economy.

I gotta say that I've always disliked the way the plastic ones sound. Sometimes a video doesn't really display how... plastic they sound. haha.

But I sure do love that Mainland... :)

The plastics definitely have their own sound. I love the Mainland, but I should have put friction tuners on it. I keep hitting the machine tuners with my left hand when I play G dim. Could be the screwy way I hold it!:cool:

I'm new to ukes, but I know what I like....

My first choice would be the Mainland, followed then by the 60's Martin. I do like the sould of the Flea, but the looks have yet to grow on me....

The 60's martin sounds fantastic. and the mexi-martin sounds like a solid strummer. i dont know what it is but i do love me the sound of the Flea though. this is a great comparison though, thanks for this. oh and i forgot to mention the Mainland Soprano. SO MUCH VOLUME. either that or a flea will be my next purchase. damn economy.

The Flea has such a distinctive sound from the others that I disliked it the most in the comparison video. But on its own, I think it sounds great. The Mexi Martin is great. The action is a bit high in the higher frets tho. The vintage Martin has everything going for it. Great action, solid construct and light as a feather.

Top Bottom