PDA

View Full Version : What to do with $100 Uke Republic Gift Certificate???

steel rider
10-31-2015, 06:16 PM
Nice folks at work sent me a cool birthday gift certificate. But what to spend $100 on when you are still awaiting a new Uke and just received your new strings from Uke Republic earlier in the week?

With two ukes for sale I'm thinning the herd. I am interested in a mini Uke but none on the site are $100.

I am looking for a double tenor case but don't see any in the site. Same for an external amp. Oh woh is me. :)

How about a Kala Waterman? Anyone have one of those? Can they stay in a car? Then I could maybe just have an account for replacement strings with the left over funds. Or a nice regular tenor case? Other accessories or gear?

What would you do?

spookelele
10-31-2015, 06:18 PM
Unless it expires.. I'd wait until there was something I wanted that UkeRepublic had.
Otherwise you're just spending it to spend it.

ksiegel
10-31-2015, 06:26 PM
Extra strings are always handy to have around.

Of course, you could always send the gift certificate to me, if you don't know what to do with it...

(g)

-Kurt

steel rider
10-31-2015, 06:32 PM
Unless it expires.. I'd wait until there was something I wanted that UkeRepublic had.
Otherwise you're just spending it to spend it.

I'm in agreement here. Just hang onto it. So practical! :)

steel rider
10-31-2015, 06:35 PM
Extra strings are always handy to have around.

Of course, you could always send the gift certificate to me, if you don't know what to do with it...

(g)

-Kurt

Oh I think I can figure something out. :)

vanflynn
10-31-2015, 06:58 PM
A Waterman or a Dolphin with some jazzed up strings. Find a candidate to pay it forward to then you have a jamming buddy!

PhilUSAFRet
11-01-2015, 12:40 AM
:agree:................

I'm in agreement here. Just hang onto it. So practical! :)

Jim Hanks
11-01-2015, 03:14 AM
Stock up on Living Water strings. Or see if Mike can order you a tenor case that you're after.