Custom Boat Paddle 8 string mandolele!

rbeetsme

Reaction score
front.jpgside.jpgtuners.jpgback.jpgbody.jpgOff the market, decided to keep it.

Last edited:
I've liked all the Boat Paddle/Hoffmann ukes that I'v ever tried, but I'm also not a soprano guy. Good luck with your sale!

Last edited:
One more pic. Ding on the middle right edge of the bout: ding.jpg

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, it is basically strung like any 8-string ukulele, (higher G, lower octave G, higher octave C, lower C, E, unison E, and A, unison A) from the top down...correct? If so,where does the name "Mando" come into play?

Last edited:
You are correct, it is an 8 string soprano ukulele. I call it a mandolele. Looks like a mandolin and kind of sounds like one, but yes, tuned the way a taro patch or 8 string tenor is. However, not the skinny neck like a mando, neck is a soprano ukulele size, 1 1/2" at the nut..

Thanks Rick...you also answered my next question regarding nut width.

Beautiful...and interesting instrument!

I really like playing it, but just not as comfortable with soprano ukes. Looks great on the wall! Considered having a concert size built, but I don't think the longer scale would sound the same.

I estimate what diameter string I need for each note and cull from my lot of strings. For instance, one set of soprano strings nearly gets me there (Worth strings are twice as long as needed). This takes care of 6 strings, search for the right thickness string from my tenor stash to get the 2 remaining lower octave strings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom