Oasis Wound C String

Moore Bettah Ukuleles

Reaction score
Oasis recently sent me a bunch of wound C strings to try and I thought I would pass some of them along to those who wish to try them. Sadly, they are not squeak free but they do sound good. I've only got about 10 to give away so drop me a notification with your address (USA only-sorry) and I'll send one out to you.
And just to be clear, I don't work for Oasis, nor am I sponsored by them and this is the first thing I've ever gotten free from them. I have, however, encouraged Dave Hepple to come out with a wound C string and this is the result of that conversation. If after you get yours if you want to give your opinion, good or bad, that's fine. If not, that's cool too. By putting it out to the UU community I figured I'd get a better cross section of players than just myself.

I'd be happy to give them a try...pm sent.

I am glad to hear they sound good, even if not squeak free. That makes it easier to just order Oasis with a Fremont Soloist or Savarez Cantiga for the low g. Did he happen to mention if they will be standard on Oasis packs or when they might be for sale?

Last edited:
I am glad to hear they sound good, even if not squeak free. That makes it easier to just order Pasis with a Fremont Soloist or Savarez Cantiga for the low g. Did he happen to mention if they will be standard on Oasis packs or when they might be for sale?

I don't know Staci. I think he'd like some feedback first.

I don't know Staci. I think he'd like some feedback first.

Chuck, have you tried the new Oasis PB wound low G strings yet. I know you are a fan of Fremont but the Oasis is interesting because they have a warm at. 033 and a bright at. 030 in the new wound low G.

Chuck, sent you a PM. Thanks!

Chuck, have you tried the new Oasis PB wound low G strings yet. I know you are a fan of Fremont but the Oasis is interesting because they have a warm at. 033 and a bright at. 030 in the new wound low G.

Thanks Dave. I'm not familiar with "PB" but I do have the newest low wound G sets.

PM sent...Is this string for any specific size ukulele?

I'm covered on all bases either way, so I'd like to give one a try.

Thank you Chuck!

William

Last edited:

I have tried the Ind. Oasis Low wound bright low G(.031) and they are good but not as squeakless as the Fremont Soloist...

I have tried the Ind. Oasis Low wound bright low G(.031) and they are good but not as squeakless as the Fremont Soloist...

Yea those Fremonts are as good as they get. I have just purchased a couple of the new warm Oasis low G (.033) smooth wound. Will string up a tenor soon with them

@ Chuck Moore........the PB I was refering to are the new Phosphours Bronze smooth wound low G.

OK, the offer has ended. A dozen strings will go out. Thanks for playing along, you'll get them in about a week. Feel free to share your feelings, pro or con after you receive them.
Mahalo, Chuck Moore

@ Chuck Moore........the PB I was refering to are the new Phosphours Bronze smooth wound low G.

I should've know that! Instead I was think more along the lines of a sandwich. :) I have my hands filled with building and can't keep up with all the different strings available. Thanks for the education! Anyway, yes, I have a bunch of the new PB low G strings. I don't remember if I've tried them yet or not. I'm still using the Fremont low G now though.

Last edited:
Oh, I live too far away. I bet it sounds great. I love the wound C string on my uke and I wanna try Oasis next time;)

Thank you to chuck for sending these out. I got mine on Monday and strung it up today and have been playing a bit tonight. My first impressions below are on a Hoffmann ml tenor with oasis strings and a Fremont soloist low g.

The sound transition from the wound 3rd to 2nd is very nice and more consistent than the non wound oasis c. It's brighter than the Fremont low g and coupled with the squeak it may not be the best partner with the Fremont. The transition between the wound c and oasis e from a feel standpoint is somewhat uneven, the wound c has a noticeable increase in tension and has a bulkier feel to it. Sound wise I like it a lot even with the squeak.

I've had my wound C on for a while. I like it but seems to drag sliding up and down. Perhaps I'm just used to a polished wound SC string. Squeaks more than i'm used to. I like it much more than the unwound C also.

Top Bottom