Kanilea Tenor K1 Sound Monster

UkuCouS

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I may gonna buy a Kanilea Tenor K1 Soundmonster, but before I wanted to know if some of you have already tested this ukulele.
What do you think of it ?

Hi everyone.

I may gonna buy a Kanilea Tenor K1 Soundmonster, but before I wanted to know if some of you have already tested this ukulele.
What do you think of it ?

Gorgeous. You can't go wrong with Kanile'a. A little more indy than a Kamaka, too, as a newer mark with a sort of new technology approach. If you are familar with guitars, think of Kanile'a as the Taylor to Kamaka's Martin...both fabulous of course, but the Kanile'a has a new exciting quality and they are very well built and perfect little instruments.

OK thanks for your quick answer.
I saw the prices on MGM, and I can buy it (hand to hand sell) for 400-450 $ so ... cool I think I'm gonna buy it ^

Kanile'a ukes are excellent. $400-450 for a K-1 tenor makes it a no-brainer. Buy it now!

Are you saying MGM will offer a Kanile'a tenor for $400-450? I see the soprano offered for that price, but not a tenor...I think the tenors go for about double that. Am I missing something? :confused:

No no no, I said i've seen the prices on MGM, and that I can buy it for that price, not at MGM's, it was in order to compare.

Ah! Well then, that is a great deal! Good luck with your purchase!

Great purchase. I have a K-1 Super Concert and absolutely love it. You will be very happy. The Soundmonster has a thinner less glossy finish from what I understand. It looks really old school and handcrafted. I plan on doing a vid review soon to show it off to some of you looking to buy a new ukulele.

Kanilea

A great price, of course, for the Tenor. Thats about $200 under what my custom Walnut Concert Kanilea cost last year. The finish work on the Kanilea is really terrific. I want to pick up a Kamaka tenor some time but always wimp out when I compare the Kamaka finish to Kanilea, just not as nice.

The kanilea has a much deeper sound than alot of ukes that i try and for that price thats almost a steal haha.

Done ! Just arrived this morning ^^
Raaaa lovely, so THIS is how a REAL ukulele sounds xD
Just perfect sound, and beautiful.
Totally in love.

CouS

Last edited:
Congratulations UkuCouS! Enjoy!:D

I look forward to getting myself a kanile'a one of these days. ;)

Done ! Just arrived this morning ^^
Raaaa lovely, so THIS is how a REAL ukulele sounds xD
Just perfect sound, and beautiful.
Totally in love.

CouS

#1 Where did you buy from?

#2 How much did you pay in dollars for it?

Hey, I made a little video review of her (yes it's a "her") ^^
HERE

UKESTAR : #1 : it's not a brand new ukulele, I bought it on ebay France. But it's as new, the seller told me that he hasn't play a lot with this uke.
#2 : $ 540

Last edited:
Top Bottom