Best Strings For Tangi Manini?

dominicfoundthemooon

Reaction score
hey all you Tangi Manini owners out there.. i am sending out this question to get your opinion.. i know strings is a person by person thing.. but thus far i have always just used whatever came on my uke.. right now i am looking for some new strings my TM.. i have it tuned up 5 steps.. any thoughts?

hey all you Tangi Manini owners out there.. i am sending out this question to get your opinion.. i know strings is a person by person thing.. but thus far i have always just used whatever came on my uke.. right now i am looking for some new strings my TM.. i have it tuned up 5 steps.. any thoughts?
Worth CL's have been recommended by at least two other people here in previous threads.

Oooh, I have a Manini too, and I haven't changed the strings either. I was just thinking about it. Then I was emailing Tangi, and he's got a Gecko, which is a Mango supranino(Manini being made from mahogany), so I'm tempted to get that. Gecko is a little bigger than the Manini though.

FWIW, I have it tuned standard gcea.

I had Worth CLs on mine which were vastly superior to the black stock strings. It really made it sing. I still sorta regret passing that Manini on-- it's a fantastic loud little thing.

I see Tangi about once a week. I just asked him this question (which he says he gets asked a lot) about what kind of strings to use for the Manini. He said the clear type would be Martin's and black would be GHS. Both strings for a soprano uke.

so i ended up flipping the strings on an `ohana sopranino. initially i tried using an extra pair of aquilas but the c string did not fit in the bridge slot for the e string. and tho i double knotted the a string it popped when i tried to tune it a whole step higher.

i was forced to use some fluoro (fremont blackstrings) and it makes the `ukulele sing. much brighter and fuller. i can't wait for the strings to settle in. i'm playing upside down at the moment to stretch them out but a lot of the finger placent like the "E" is much easier.

What strings did MGM set them up with when he sold Maninis? Tangi told me he prefers the black GHS for the Manini, and the clear Martins for the Gecko. I was going to try Aquilas on my Gecko (Mo'o) but now I'm getting second thoughts with the C string being so thick. Hmmm... :rolleyes:

so what strings

OK, so, I was hoping to put this off, but I've got a broken string...so...what are the right gauge strings to put on? People here seem to be suggesting putting soprano strings on the thing, but wouldn't those too heavy, since the scale length is shorter?

Top Bottom