Coming up on PBS

Thanks! Looks like several good segments. Would be nice if Martin discussed their ukuleles, too.

Thanks! Looks like several good segments. Would be nice if Martin discussed their ukuleles, too.

There was a segment I saw on PBS a while back that featured CEO Chris
Martin IV sitting in front of the museum Ukulele display where he spoke
of ukuleles and Martin's part in ukulele history.

That portion of the interview is now on you tube.

Thanks for posting the link, Scooter. I was out an appointment and on my iPhone and didn't have the time to search and copy the link from Y.T..

It's a pretty decent presentation, and a positive for our Uke community to have a big player like Martin producing ukuleles.

Looks like a cool show. My son plays trumpet so hopefully I can get him to watch it. I agree with the statement about the instrument being a piece of art the becomes a paintbrush in the hands of a musician.

steel rider

dave monette makes $15k trumpets while many top professional ones go for $3k. they tend to be quite heavy.

A lifetime ago, or so it seems, I played the trumpet. I much prefer the ukulele...:cool:

The rules of the UU forum are getting harder to understand. A thread with a first post that has NO links in it whatsoever gets shipped off to "Links and Videos," but a thread whose first post has ONLY a link in it is perfectly welcome in a forum other than the "Links and Videos" forum. What am I missing?

The rules of the UU forum are getting harder to understand. A thread with a first post that has NO links in it whatsoever gets shipped off to "Links and Videos," but a thread whose first post has ONLY a link in it is perfectly welcome in a forum other than the "Links and Videos" forum. What am I missing?

Geez , sorry about that, my mistake I guess . I hope I dont get banned for life. Moderators can move this , delete it , or do whatever they want with it.
When I look at this forum , I always go to "new posts" , I dont bother with specific forums.

Last edited:
Cool, I don't have a TV, so I'm gonna hafta figure out how to see this!

Just set the DVR for this. My son is interested in the trumpet part especially. Too bad there is no clarinet piece for my daughter. :)

Top Bottom