Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" Tenor Ukulele

Wonderful playing Josh! My only critique is to watch the tempo when you transition to the quarter note sections. You slow down a little too much and then jump back into the eighth note triplets at a quicker tempo. Other than that, it was great and clean! Is this your arrangement?

I had a teacher who recommended in pieces like this that I feel the triplets throughout. I think the best way to accomplish what Andrew suggesting is to continue to actually hear the triplets throughtout the "chorale" passages. If you hear them, the listener will hear them, too.
Excellent playing. Thanks for sharing it.

Last edited:
Wonderful playing Josh! My only critique is to watch the tempo when you transition to the quarter note sections. You slow down a little too much and then jump back into the eighth note triplets at a quicker tempo. Other than that, it was great and clean! Is this your arrangement?

Thanks Andrew! It is not my arrangement. I got it from a Hal Leonard book. He wrote it in 9/8 with the chorale sections as dotted quarters. You're totally right though, I do tend to slow down in those sections. I think I am trying to use those sections to make sure I don't rush them and then end up getting too fast in the other part. Metronome. Thanks again!

I had a teacher who recommended in pieces like this that I feel the triplets throughout. I think the best way to accomplish what Andrew suggesting is to continue to actually hear the triplets throughtout the "chorale" passages. If you hear them, the listener will hear them, too.
Excellent playing. Thanks for sharing it.

Good advice. I'll try that.

Fabulous playing! I'm jealous you got an Andrew hands on critique too :)

Next time though - w i d e s c r e e n!

I am using my iPhone. I suppose if I am going to keep posting videos I should get a better camera, eh?

Top Bottom