Cairns Ukefest Australia '10 - it's official!

Gaby

Reaction score
Great news for all you uke fans in Australia and overseas who needed an excuse to come for a holiday in Cairns, Australia!

We'll be hosting Australia's first ukulele festival 3&4 July (and the week leading up to that weekend) in 2010.

I know it is a long way away, but it'll ensure that we can secure reputable acts, get the word out and allow everyone to save up for this trip.

Cairns is in tropical north Queensland, Australia, and July is the best time of the year with sun, blue skies and a nice warm temperature during the day and cool nights.

This will allow the biggest part of the festival to be held outdoors, whilst sitting under palm trees, and looking out at the ocean!

We have a healthy tourist industry here with the Great Barrier Reef at our doorstep, tropical rainforest, plenty of extreme sports acitvities as well as lots of accommodation options, tours and flights flying in and out of Cairns.

And if you are into rodeos, the Mareeba rodeo (about a 1 hour drive from Cairns) is on the week after!

So, plenty of reasons to come to Cairns Australia next year!

As you would expect, we are only in the early stages of organising this event, so your ideas, suggestion, and support is much appreciated!

I wish I could go, sounds fantastic. Are Bosko and Honey going to be there?

Yes Bosko and Honey should be there! They live only a 30 minute drive from Cairns (in the rainforest) and were actually in my store yesterday!

It's a small world!

Last edited:
thats sick, ill def be trying my hardest to get there. should have one set up in Sydney :)

Na, we shouldn't have one in Sydney. Cairns is a far more friendly place where everything festival related will be within walking distance, in tropical surrounds. We have the perfect weather and great attractions. A festival in Sydney (a big city) just wouldn't be the same!

As a holiday destination, Cairns has a lot to offer too. And yes, the fishing is great here - so they say, I just eat them :)

And, it gives you the perfect excuse to get out of the big smoke!

Once you get up here and soak up the uke festival atmosphere you'll understand! :cool:

Na, we shouldn't have one in Sydney. Cairns is a far more friendly place where everything festival related will be within walking distance, in tropical surrounds. We have the perfect weather and great attractions. A festival in Sydney (a big city) just wouldn't be the same!

As a holiday destination, Cairns has a lot to offer too. And yes, the fishing is great here - so they say, I just eat them :)

And, it gives you the perfect excuse to get out of the big smoke!

Once you get up here and soak up the uke festival atmosphere you'll understand! :cool:

I totally agree! Now I can go some place I've been wanting to go to anyway AND get a uke fest.

I'm gathering up a group to go ....A year is plenty of time to get people on board....

Sounds great Gaby!
I will do my best to get there.

Rob

Top Bottom