FS: UK Pono Baritone Nui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattyukaholic

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm selling an almost new Pono baritone nui. I'm in love with the sound but it's just too big for me personally. It has the most incredible sound. It as virtually as new but has a few very tiny marks from minimal play.

Would post worldwide but not sure if it would work out well postage wise (it would be a huge very expensive parcel!)

Asking £575 plus postage. Would also be interested in trades for a baritone or concert (or the right tenor!)

It was £850 from SUS. Here's what they have to say about the model:

What an extraordinary instrument. This is basically a tenor guitar slightly modified to take nylon strings instead of steel in Baritone ukulele DGBE tuning, and it sounds absolutely wonderful! Imagine the biggest, best and most mellow sounding Baritone that you have heard, add more volume, sustain, precise intonation and crisper note definition and you might be half way there. Tenor Guitar enthusiasts need not worry though as this instrument can still be restrung with strings to accommodate Tenor Guitar/Banjo tuning.

This model is made of all solid acacia, which produces a more chiming, harp-like sound with more pronounced mids than the spruce models, which tend to be a little bassier. In the treble range, the sound is extremely crisp and clear, and you can hear the harmonics coming through in the sound really clearly. And when you strum hard and explore the bass range, there is real warmth but no muddiness - you can really hear all the individual notes in the chords very clearly, and they all sustain very evenly with a beautiful decay.

Spec:

Solid Asian Acacia top, back and sides

Ebony Fingerboard & Bridge

Rosewood binding

Abalone Rosette

Bone Nut & Saddle

Slotted Headstock

Scale Length 23" - 584 mm

Neck to Body 14th fret

Nut Width 1.75" - 45 mm

Grover Machine Tuners

Gloss finish

This one comes with a bespoke hard case.

Thanks,
Matt
PS. Pics in next post.......

I'm glad I didn't see this sooner. Even with overseas shipping, I'd have been sorely tempted!

I'm glad I bought it. I love it!

Hey, Matty. A gentleman named WeTigers did a vid and review of a Nui uke on another thread. It sounds good, in that low and slow, less-percussive, more-guitarish way. He's a great player. In any event, his positive review ought to aid the sale of your Nui (or encourage you to keep it). Anyone in the UK, please watch WeTigers and buy Mattys Nui!

Cheers, friend.

Ha! Thanks for the kind words! I actually bought Matt's Nui, so the one in the video is this one. So no longer for sale, I'm afraid. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom