aldrines clip on

lacerveza

Reaction score
in some of the uu aldrines videos he has a clip on on his headstock, is that a tuner or a pick up? if it is a pick up does anyone know what type it is cos i want a clip on pick up and ( if it is a pick up) it seems to generate a pretty good sound.

sorry after looking at a different video i can see that it is a tuner but any suggestions for a clip on pick up would be appreciated i know of one that exists called a cherub but they are cheap so i can't see them being that good and i don't want to go drilling my uke. cheers

Actually our banjo player has used a Cherub on his uke at a gig! Not great, but... well it sort of worked!

I think those are really intended to be used with tuners of the kind that don't clip on.

I don't know of any clip ons equal to the job of amplifying a uke for a serious gig.

he also uses a sustain enhancer on one of his applauses. that might also be the clip you are seeing. its basically just a weight clipped onto the headstock to add mass to it, resulting in more sustain... in theory.

If adding mass works, shouldn't my ukes sustain for days as long as I'm holding on to it?

So if u + m = s then u = s - m

We can then isolate m in Einstein's equation of mass-energy equivalence:

e = m(c^2)

m = e/(c^2)

...and substitute it into the Ukulele Theorem:

u = s - e/(c^2)

So then next time someone asks you what that little guitar you're playing is called, you can tell them that it's "sustain, minus energy divided by the squared speed of light."

JJ

e = m(c^2)

m = e/(c^2)

u = s - e/(c^2)

So then next time someone asks you what that little guitar you're playing is called, you can tell them that it's "sustain, minus energy divided by the squared speed of light."

JJ

huh? Im lost

When I saw the title the first thing I thought of was one of these:
clip-on-necktie.jpg

Can anyone verify what type of neck tie Aldrine prefers? :D

e = m(c^2)

m = e/(c^2)

u = s - e/(c^2)

JJ

:rotfl:
Tooooo funny!

Dean Markley DM3000

I'm actually using that pickup at the moment for my soprano. It's been pretty nice so far, but I've only had it a few days, and I'm not too sure if that's long enough to be able to recommend it to someone. It works pretty well, but seems to be a bit touchy and sensitive, and really picks up a lot that's goin' on with the 'ukulele, all the little taps and such.

All in all, I'm enjoying it.

e = m(c^2)

m = e/(c^2)

u = s - e/(c^2)

JJ

basic uke math, but they dont teach this in school

When I saw the title the first thing I thought of was one of these:
clip-on-necktie.jpg

Can anyone verify what type of neck tie Aldrine prefers? :D

i think aldrine would sport a nice bow tie

nice pic by the way you should post it on neckwear underground forum

Last edited:
Top Bottom