PDA

View Full Version : The mysterious seller

SoloRule
11-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Have you ever bought a USED ukulele on line without looking at pictures first or sound sample !

I JUST DID !!.

So why did I do it? It's not even the wood combination that I was looking for. Have I gone crazy?

You may not think so once you know who is the seller . He record this before shipping the uke to me. Watch till the end , see what else he did for me. I am the luckiest person !! Let's see how many recognize this seller.

May be his magic will transfer to me through this uke? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFj_RFfHBn8

MARKbOC
11-05-2015, 10:10 AM
very cool, enjoy!

ukuleleden
11-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Congrats on your Corey Fujimoto signed and played Pono ukulele!

rappsy
11-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Wow. What a beauty. Enjoy.

SoloRule
11-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Wow. What a beauty. Enjoy.

Lenny
I bet When you see a Pono, you know exactly when they were made, what are the upgrades, does it come with radius , is it a classic series.... You probably own them all!

fretie
11-05-2015, 06:11 PM
LOL! That's awesome!

DownUpDave
11-06-2015, 12:33 AM
What most people here probably don't realize...........that was Corey's own personal ukulele. It was an instrument he performed and recorded with. So yea it has a lot of Corey MoJo and I am very happy for my friend, as you can tell she is over the moon. Simon and I both own Pono Pro Classic tenors with cedar top and macassar ebony back and sides. Brenda has played them and I guess she liked them. So we are like the three musketeers now...............or the three stooges if you asked our spouses. :p:p:p

mm stan
11-06-2015, 12:49 AM
Congrats Brenda, happy strummings

PhilUSAFRet
11-06-2015, 01:17 AM
Great score....a great uke combined with a great conversation starter, how could you go wrong.

rappsy
11-06-2015, 02:27 AM
What most people here probably don't realize...........that was Corey's own personal ukulele. It was an instrument he performed and recorded with. So yea it has a lot of Corey MoJo and I am very happy for my friend, as you can tell she is over the moon. Simon and I both own Pono Pro Classic tenors with cedar top and macassar ebony back and sides. Brenda has played them and I guess she liked them. So we are like the three musketeers now...............or the three stooges if you asked our spouses. :p:p:p

Don't know Brenda well enough yet, but she's hanging around with you two, so 1 vote for stooges.

SoloRule
11-06-2015, 03:42 AM
Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey...........
Let's the magic begins......
Canadian custom: You guys better not contaminate his magic .

JustinJ
11-06-2015, 03:45 AM
Another thing about this uke is that he picked it as his personal uke. Imagine how many he tried before selecting it. This was a smart purchase. I hope the uke brings you much joy through the years.

SoloRule
11-06-2015, 04:23 AM
Another thing about this uke is that he picked it as his personal uke. Imagine how many he tried before selecting it. This was a smart purchase. I hope the uke brings you much joy through the years.

That's exactly my thought whether he plays it a lot or just bought it and forget about it. That's why I bought without looking at photos. I trust Corey 100%.

SoloRule
11-06-2015, 04:25 AM
Congrats Brenda, happy strummings

Sorry Sten, I didn't ask for your blessing on this one cause I knew you would say go for it Brenda! LOL

KoaDependent
11-06-2015, 04:38 AM
I'm curious how you got connected with this particular uke - where was it being sold?

SoloRule
11-06-2015, 04:49 AM
I'm curious how you got connected with this particular uke - where was it being sold?

It was on UU marketplace.

KoaDependent
11-06-2015, 05:05 AM
Ah, I found the thread now (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?115061-Pono-ETSH-Pro-Classic-for-sale). I missed it the first time because you snapped it up so fast (and probably because there's been a glut of Ponos in the marketplace recently).

Bob-in-Alberta
11-06-2015, 05:29 AM
Ah, I found the thread now (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?115061-Pono-ETSH-Pro-Classic-for-sale). I missed it the first time because you snapped it up so fast (and probably because there's been a glut of Ponos in the marketplace recently).

Yes, there have been an awful lot of Ponos for sale in the last little while. Does anyone care to hazard a guess as to why? I just purchased a Pono MT from Hawaii Music Supply and I can't imagine not liking it. Well built, looks good and sounds good even when I play it. What more can you ask for?

KoaDependent
11-06-2015, 06:29 AM
The vast majority of the Ponos for sale come from one guy who's been buying and selling in a flurry to find the one he likes the best.

Bob-in-Alberta
11-06-2015, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the explanation. Sorry about temporarily hijacking the thread.

SoloRule
11-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Corey was actually selling this one (see link). I happened to be learning the song from his arrangement and thought it would be so cool to own the very instrument. Someone beat me to it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MxIeb-fwWk

Next time you see Corey selling his instrument, you have to act fast. He is a big star in Asia. Those fans would buy anything that belonged Corey. LOL They love him to pieces.

sam13
11-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Congrats Brenda ... It is a lovely Uke and who knows perhaps Corey's mojo will make you a better player! :p

SoloRule
11-06-2015, 10:37 AM
Congrats Brenda ... It is a lovely Uke and who knows perhaps Corey's mojo will make you a better player! :p

Yup All I have to do is put my hand on Corey's uke , my fingers will fly on their own!
Yes I name this one Corey. No surprise there. He even has the name tattoo on his body.
Can't wait to introduce 'Corey' to his 2 x siblings who are living with Simon and Dave.