Anyone experienced a Pono MGSD?

Kiwiohana

Reaction score
OK, I got UAS real bad. Although I'm still learning and no where near even a sub standard player yet, I already have two Ohanas. Plus, I have on order a Pono ETHC Macassar/Cedar that hasn't even left HMS set up yet. And now I'm thinking, "Christmas is coming up fast", so....

Has anyone played a Pono MGSD? I like the idea of getting a Sorpano to add to my collection, and the mango looks totally different to my other ukes (one all mahogany; one spruce/rosewood and the macassar/cedar).

The sound sample on HMS is great, but let's face it - those guys can make a cardboard box and fishing nylon sound better than anything I can do!

So, I would appreciate any feedback from someone who has tried it out.

http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/pono/pono-mgsd-mango-soprano-deluxe.html

Thanks!

OK, I got UAS real bad. Although I'm still learning and no where near even a sub standard player yet, I already have two Ohanas. Plus, I have on order a Pono ETHC Macassar/Cedar that hasn't even left HMS set up yet. And now I'm thinking, "Christmas is coming up fast", so....

I like your style. :)

I haven't tried one but I want the concert pineapple so badly.

On the other hand, I've read some comments that suggest that Ponos can be a little over-built at less-than-tenor scale so it'll be interesting to see what others have to say.

Top Bottom