Honolulu Auto Show

experimentjon

Reaction score
So, I just went to the Honolulu Auto Show at the convention center. I'm pretty sure I still have that new car smell on me. I think that the show this year is pretty nice, still on par with all the other years.

The exotic car display this year probably had nicer cars than any of the past years. Highlights there were the Bentley Continental GTC which I had definitly not been expecting to see, as well as the Lamborghini Gallardo Superlegerra. It was also nice to finally see a Maserati GranTurismo in person for the first time. The most publicized car there was probably the 599 GTB, but I was actually disappointed with the car. I don't see what's so great about it. Throw an Enzo engine into that car, and put a 400k price tag on it...bah.

I actually learned some new stuff at the show, and have gained a profound love of the Mazda 3 and Mazdaspeed 3. Man. I thought I wanted a Tacoma double cab, but am also very open to a manual Mazda 3. The ergonomics in that car were just great, the interior well done, and just a great looking car. the Tacomas there, by comparison seemed somewhat spartan after you sat inside.

The people at the Scion booth, Mazda booth, and Volkswagen booth were probably the nicest, great people who walked me through the cars that I was interested in: tC, Mazda 3, GTI, respectively. (Although the Scion people either knew very little about cars, or were trying to oversimplfy things, assuming that I knew nothing about cars.) But the one guy at the Jaguar booth was a total grump. I was there for maybe 30 seconds, and could just sense his negative wavelength. I'd hate to see how they treat their customers.

Anyway, it was a great show, well worth 7 dollars (free 12 month Motortrend subscription with admission...great since I needed to renew my subscription anyway). So if you're on Oahu, go check it out. Anyone else go already? What did you think?

Top Bottom