paisley

Reaction score
Where can I find a chord chart with the numbers for corresponding fingers,
so you know which fingers to use?
I know I saw one on-line a few days ago
and i can't find one now.
Thanks in advance of any help.

fab. Thankyou :)
Does a chord chart like that have a name?

Try this one, Kiwi Ukulele Indespensible Chord Chart and you can download it here. There are several other ones and this is the first one that came to me. It shows only first position shapes and should get you by for the time being.

Try this one, Kiwi Ukulele Indespensible Chord Chart and you can download it here. There are several other ones and this is the first one that came to me. It shows only first position shapes and should get you by for the time being.

I have to say that is one of the better chord charts out there!

try map paper!

I used National Geographic Map paper to print out my chord charts. It makes them very sturdy, and waterproof too. You can print using regular inkjet printer with regular inks. Both sides are printable. I also use it for hiking maps, luggage tags and anything else that might get smeared in the rain.
http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/...path=1,2,104,127,190,659&KickerID=2486&KICKER

Lori

His book is also worth ordering if you're a beginner (or trying to entice someone into becoming one):

http://www.kiwiukulele.co.nz/book.html

(Note that the New Zealand dollar is currently worth about US$0.57, so the price is a lot cheaper than it looks.)

I used National Geographic Map paper to print out my chord charts. It makes them very sturdy, and waterproof too. You can print using regular inkjet printer with regular inks.
It's waterproof even if the inks aren't?

Where can I find a chord chart with the numbers for corresponding fingers,
so you know which fingers to use?
I know I saw one on-line a few days ago
and i can't find one now.
Thanks in advance of any help.

The fingers you use for a particular chord shape are not necessarily fixed. You can use different fingers depending on what the preceding and following chords are. Use the fingerings given on say the Kiwi chart but if you find a particular change difficult, have a think about it. There may be an easier way. Sometimes there isn't then you just have to practice and practice.

Take, for example, moving from F (2013) to Fm (1013) In this case you can slide you middle finger one fret on the G string to get the Fm. You'd never play an Fm that way normally but it makes this particular change so much smoother.

waterproof

It's waterproof even if the inks aren't?

Yes, waterproof results from non-waterproof inks. I have an Epson Photo R320, using standard inks, and I can take that map paper printout and run it under the faucet without any damage. The paper is really more of a matte plastic, and it doesn't absorb water at all. I think the main thing would be to make sure you let the print-out dry completely before handling it. That plastic surface makes dry time a little longer than usual, but once it's dry, it's waterproof.

–Lori

Top Bottom